Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else having a issue with the power windows... Yesterday my window would only move alittle.... but after i drove for a while it worked just fine and so for no more problums????? I live in Mass AKA New england..... it was raining and 60 degrees the day before this happoned and then 20 with a flash frezze the next....May be water got into the door and iced up.... or is it normal for powerwindow not to work when it is cold????

· Registered
11,890 Posts
Well, a little water will leak down there... and if it got that cold then chances are it froze up a small amount and moving it up/down broke the ice.

· Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem yesterday. It seems that lots of water leaks in to the doors. I have had situations where a week after a rain, I roll my window down and up and it comes up all wet full of water bubbles. I guess the seal is not tight enough against the window. I plan on complaining to the dealer, there is no reason for a window to freeze, with no rain and 34 degree temperature.

· Registered
664 Posts
had the same problem last week, when the temp dropped from 48 to 5 in 24 hours.. everything froze, had to go to a car wash to loosen up the glass.. but i finally got it free.. then dried off the window's edges, kept going up and down with the glass, drying it off.. finally got it..

i might try some silicone spray.. sprayed onto a towel, and applied to the window glass edge.. that would prevent it from sticking.. (hasn't stuck once i removed the ice, but a thought to do to the window's edge, did that to the weatherstripping around the hatch, it didn't stick at all)..

· Registered
86 Posts
must be related to the fact that 36 hours after a car wash I still get water on the windows if they go down. I've wondered how the rain gutters work with the roof....maybe it's funneled down more that on most cars due to design??? Just a drunken theory....

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to know it not just me.... I also noticed that the windows stay wet for some tim after a car wash or it raining.... I figure that part of which i caused by me movin the windows up and down during the rain when i pay tolls on the masspike.(I need to get one of them fast pass things) I'm going for my first oil change soon.... I plan on getting answers on the windows and have my glove compartment fixed the lock keeps falling out... I still think this is a great car....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.