Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tc blows... air through window switches on the (driver's) door and through the bin... At higher speed it feels like a draft. I have not taken the door panel off to see what is going on in there but wonder if anyone experienced the same and found a fix???

Thanks

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Just checked it tonight, no problem with October delivery car. Definitely something to have the dealer look into.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Draft? Mmmmm beer.

Seriously, I don't think mine does that. Or, I've just hadn't noticed.

late

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by Stefan TC@Jan 30 2005, 07:35 AM
My Tc blows... air through window switches on the (driver's) door and through the bin... At higher speed it feels like a draft. I have not taken the door panel off to see what is going on in there but wonder if anyone experienced the same and found a fix???

Thanks
Yes mine has a lot of air ..cold air coming in around the switches on the drivers door. I have been noticing it since I got my car in late October. I was wondering if anyone else would post on this and now see that they have. When it gets down into the teens temperture-wise..it is pretty cold. I think they either did not have a plastic moisture barrier in the proper position or designed not to cover what it needs to. I will not pull the door panel to find out...that is what the warranty is for. Let the dealer have fun with the plastic fasteners and wiring and the like.
Any other's out there with the same problem?...you warm weather Southern- Cal guys need not apply......

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by Geneo+Feb 1 2005, 01:18 PM-->QUOTE (Geneo @ Feb 1 2005, 01:18 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Stefan TC
@Jan 30 2005, 07:35 AM
My Tc blows... air through window switches on the (driver's) door and through the bin...  At higher speed it feels like a draft.  I have not taken the door panel off to see what is going on in there but wonder if anyone experienced the same and found a fix???

Thanks
Any other's out there with the same problem?...you warm weather Southern- Cal guys need not apply......[/b]
im in michigan (colder than virginia )
and this morning i went to feel any air rushing around the controls on the door, even the door pull (open the door).. nothing.. even was on the highway, nothing at all..

yeah it sounds like the moisture barrier isn't in there correctly, allowing wind to come in.. definitely something the dealer (a good one) should check out..

sorry i can't help any more than that.. but mine's not doing that.. let us know what the dealer finds out..

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks for the reply from Michigan...I am glad to hear that the really cold air up there is not blowing through your tC door switches. I will get the dealer to have a look at it when it goes in for an oil change. So far that is the only issue that I have with the car...not too bad really..but BRRR on my left hand on a cold damp morning. I rode as a passenger on a cold morning and the other side is fine.

·
Registered
675 Posts
not a problem.. yeah in michigan (aka the great white north.. hahah) you get to really see if a car has rattles, temperature swings here are funky.. no wonder cars don't last long here.. compared to a place like texas or arizona..

yeah let us know what happens at the dealer, i think that it's a simple moisture barrier plastic sheet not installed correctly..

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, i get that from both my matrix and my tC. just figured it was a thing that happens. nothing a good twist of the heater knob hasnt cured.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks so much everyone.

I will try taking the car to a ealer although I know the initial response....
Hopefully they'll fix it, if not I will take the panels off myself armed with some foam insulation.........

·
Registered
187 Posts
Stefan - I checked it out today, and I get the wind coming from the switches...but only if I have my sunroof cracked open a bit. I'm thinking the pressure difference from the slightly opened roof is enough to draw air thru the water runoff channels from the door, making you feel the draft. When I close the roof, the draft from the switches stops immediately.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone.

I took my tc to the dealer. 4 hours later they figured they need two weather kits that need to be ordered so I have to come back.
Will see what happens when I do......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.