Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ordered my car last friday...the dealer called me yesterday and said i'd need to put a 15% down payment down today for them to put the order through...?? i never heard of paying for a car before i was drving it.. did this happen to anyone else?>??

·
Registered
185 Posts
WHOA! 15% down payment before even putting the order through? I didn't put my down payment until I was signing the last paperwork to take my car away, after I already waited a month and a half for my car to arrive. I did have to make a deposit to place the order, but it wasn't a lot.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Of course you'd have to put at least some money down when they order it. Otherwise, how would they know if you're not just going to change your mind when it comes in? My dealership only made me pay $500 though, but it's probably just something that's different for each dealership.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Down Feel Bad, I put $1000 down and now there telling me it's not enough to get the car without a co-signer...
I had to barrow $2000, i'm hoping i can get it with $3000 down, if i cant then I might now get the car

Rob

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
My dealer said they would gaurantee me the car without any money down! I just filled out some contact information and that was it. I'm starting to wonder now if this is a good thing or not? I'd hate to wait for a month and then have them sell it to someone as soon as it arrives.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had to put $1500 (minimum) down on the car before it was even in. After that i had to wait 2 more weeks. Then after that i handed in a cashiers check for the rest of the car (the day the car came in and was ready for me to drive off the lot). I was told at any point in time, i could take the $1500 back and cancel the car b/c they could always sell it to someone else with the ground effects and spoiler. O well, i did it and got the car. All payed off at once and now in my hands since July. I love my 2006 TC classic silver. Pz out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Originally posted by tC Bill@Aug 10 2005, 09:54 AM
My dealer said they would gaurantee me the car without any money down!  I just filled out some contact information and that was it.  I'm starting to wonder now if this is a good thing or not?  I'd hate to wait for a month and then have them sell it to someone as soon as it arrives. 
I didn't have to put any money down either. My dealer said all they do is when they get allocation times, and at this time they can tell them how many and what kind of vehicles they want. An allocation time comes maybe once a month. When their allocation came up they added my type of vehicle to the list, a few weeks later they were given a delivery window (an appromixate time which it would arrive), then when it arrived they needed 24 hrs to prep, then I could come sign the paperwork, give them the money, and drive the car off the lot. A down payment shouldn't really be needed. I didn't get my loan through Toyota though, maybe when getting a loan through Toyota they might require some sort of down payment before they can approve the loan or something.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Originally posted by fromos+Aug 10 2005, 10:45 AM-->QUOTE (fromos @ Aug 10 2005, 10:45 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-tC Bill
@Aug 10 2005, 09:54 AM
My dealer said they would gaurantee me the car without any money down!  I just filled out some contact information and that was it.  I'm starting to wonder now if this is a good thing or not?  I'd hate to wait for a month and then have them sell it to someone as soon as it arrives. 
I didn't have to put any money down either........I didn't get my loan through Toyota though, maybe when getting a loan through Toyota they might require some sort of down payment before they can approve the loan or something. [/b]
Same here. I was pre approved by my credit union for up to 45,000 at 4.9%. I have awesome credit (thanks to my wife paying the bills on time).

·
Registered
142 Posts
I only had to put down a $500 deposit to hold the car that just came in. Once I made appointment to buy the car, that was when I put down the down payment.

I think you should back off and look for another dealer.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
$500 Refundable for me, too. That seems pretty standard. I'd tell that dealership to go F themselves and go to another.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Originally posted by shx@Aug 10 2005, 12:57 PM
I didn't've to pay anything to order the car. Infact, I didn't pay anything until my first payment which was due 45 days after I took the car. I paid 0 down.
Wow, thats crazy.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Halewafa+Aug 10 2005, 12:59 PM-->QUOTE (Halewafa @ Aug 10 2005, 12:59 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-shx
@Aug 10 2005, 12:57 PM
I didn't've to pay anything to order the car. Infact, I didn't pay anything until my first payment which was due 45 days after I took the car. I paid 0 down.
Wow, thats crazy. [/b]
Same here.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.