Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying a TV unit for the TC. I'm looking at 2 eclipse units, the AVN2454 & AVX2494. The AVN has navigation and DVD, the AVX has a built in 20GB hard drive but no RCA's for subs? Anyway I want a double din to fill the space. I'm looing for DVD, navigation and RCA jacks. ANy one have suggestions for other manufactures. Not trying to spend over $1,400.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Alpman isn't going to recommend oher brands, i'm guessing, but I know Kenwood makes a DD system that fits in our tCs along wih other brands. Just check Crutchfield out the and see what you find.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by Alpman@Jan 12 2005, 12:35 AM
I'm here, but I don't have a solution for you. We will have a possible solution in late spring, but that doesn't help now! Sorry!!
curses! i thought you would be the person for this one. well. meybe you can help me out again when it becomes time......

·
Registered
730 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Jan 12 2005, 07:39 AM
Alpman isn't going to recommend oher brands, i'm guessing, but I know Kenwood makes a DD system that fits in our tCs along wih other brands. Just check Crutchfield out the and see what you find.
It's not that I won't recommend other brands, it's just that I don't know of anything else out there with his exact requirements...DVD, navigation and RCA jacks. The closest thing out there is the Eclipse that he mentioned. The Pioneer AVIC-N1 (or new N2, when it becomes available) would fit all his requirements exept the most important one...it's not double DIN. I'v also learned that Alpine will not be releasing such a piece until 2006, so we won't have a solution either.

You're going to have to weigh your options. Unfortuneately, you may have to give up one or more of your requirements or wait until the 2005 and/or 2006 models come out to accommodate your request.

Good luck, and hope things work out for you. Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
I have my own little solution to this problem that I will be showcasing in a few months. Trust me, you'll love it

P.S. I'll also be selling it for slightly above at-cost so I can make a profit off the kit (time and money spent building it).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been looking into the eclipse AVX2494 built in 20GB hard drive that automatically rips the CD when inserted. The ones on crutchfield are all flip ups. I don't like a single din with the slot, just more gaps that are empty. With the eclipse the AVN has navigation and all the other goodies but the AVX has the hard drive but no RCA's for subs.The navigation deck (AVN) does have RCA for subs. I talked with the eclipse rep and in April there coming out with a deck that has both AVN and AVX intergrated in one (starting at like $2,100). I guess I should just check out the local beat shops.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Originally posted by boone125@Jan 12 2005, 04:36 PM
I am putting a Clairion piece in. Going to contruct the kit for the Clairion unit myself so hopefully the the face will still close to cover the unit. Never now until you try.
You do it and I'll defintely want to see it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I hear eclipse is coming out with a new model line in march, dont know all the details but it will be coming out about the same time I will be getting my tax refunds back. Just wait a litlle and see what the new stuffcomes out all the units on the market have been out for a while theres bound to be better stuff.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I mentioned it once before but the TC is not a true double din. It's a tad smaller but definitely noticable when put up against a double din. I went to go look for a television to put in mine and the solution we came up with was a single din kit with a Clarion touch screen. The reason it would work is cus' the Clarion not only tilts right to left but also tilts forward and back.....and it slides in and out of the unit to avoid collision with the stereo flap on top. It will be interesting to see where this topic ends up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.