Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to wonder if the TC radio housing is truly Double Din size it claims to be. it looks to me to be something like a 1.90 din with that door cover taking the last 10%. Now I know that some of you folks out there have the double din LCD's from Kenwood or Eclipse.....but those come in a we bit smaller in all around demensions than 2 single Din sized units going into the same space. I know that those LCD come with a good size bezel that makes it sit flush in a double din space. I see a lot of setups out there with a Singe Din head unit on top and then the space underneath looks to be a 1/2 din size. Am I just nuts? this could be because of the mounting kit or other reasons though...who knows ....I havent seen anybody yet with 2 single din units stacked one on top of the other (head unit & eq ........etc) if any of you out have that sort of setup please post some pics if you can...or post the links.......because i'm losing faith fast!!!

The reason I'm asking is I have an (old) Sony XE-744 EQ that I would like to use in conjunction with a Pioneer AVH-p7600 LCD. I want to mount the EQ on top and the LCD on the bottom so I can keep the door cover.

thanks for any replies!

·
Registered
453 Posts
as far as i can tell it is a true double din, however, if u are using two single din components suchs as a head unit and a full size equalizer, then ur only problem would be the spacing around and in betwen the 2 units ( im not sure they make a kit for using 2 single din)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.