Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for input.

Looks like McGeorge and Sparks have them for under $70. I like the look. Are they quality?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
They're cool compared to plastic, but they are not 1/4" aluminum plate. I like them and they're easy to install. Others will tell you they are flimsy and lightweight (I say GOOD!) and they are not worth it. They are for sure more durable than the original plastic.

·
Registered
290 Posts
They are an awesome little upgrade and help to break up the black on black on black interior when you open the door to hop in, and they class the place up a bit
SUPER easy install with good instructions, just be absolutely sure you have it lined up before your stick it, take youe time its only going to be 10 minutes anyway. I have had no problems and nothing but compliments on mine

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I actually have a set of custom-made carbon fiber sills that I bought off eBay a few months ago for $50 or so...they look great with the flint mica paint, clean very easily (since they're smooth), and appear to be quite durable.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I plan on getting them for my tC in the near future.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Originally posted by gcue@Dec 28 2004, 02:02 PM
Just looking for input.

Looks like McGeorge and Sparks have them for under $70. I like the look. Are they quality?
Actually under $65 for the set and they are going to come off back order in early January. We'll ship the same day they arrive here.

Ken

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well if you would lower your price on the billet grill a bit, I'll package them together *wink wink*

give us a quick post here when they come off back order, ken. I think everyone here has convinced me.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
wait wait!!! let me try to convince you too!

they are nice, and one of the first things i added. they tie in well with the other aluminum products (knobs, pedals, etc...) and brushed silver dash finish.

okay, now be convinced.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Dec 29 2004, 04:42 AM
I actually have a set of custom-made carbon fiber sills that I bought off eBay a few months ago for $50 or so...they look great with the flint mica paint, clean very easily (since they're smooth), and appear to be quite durable.
do you have pics of them? i'd like to see.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Originally posted by gcue@Dec 29 2004, 05:44 PM
well if you would lower your price on the billet grill a bit, I'll package them together *wink wink*

give us a quick post here when they come off back order, ken. I think everyone here has convinced me.
We just received the first ones and they've all been shipped. We have a load coming and I don't expect it to be too long. I'll let you know.

Okay, you talked me into it. The grille just dropped another $17 + to $199.00, but just for the first week of Jan.

Ken

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
done and done. I'll post pics when both are installed

·
Registered
843 Posts
Originally posted by Ken+Dec 29 2004, 01:13 PM-->QUOTE (Ken @ Dec 29 2004, 01:13 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-gcue
@Dec 28 2004, 02:02 PM
Just looking for input.

Actually under $65 for the set and they are going to come off back order in early January. We'll ship the same day they arrive here.

Ken [/b]
The sills are in stock now and the feedback I'm getting is that it's a 5 minute install and they definitely improve the looks of the car.

Ken

·
Registered
224 Posts
I saw them in person the other day. They look sick, so my girlfriend went and ordered them for my birthday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
will the door sills work with custom side skirts that come with body kits? do you guys think the body kit manufacturers make their side skirts with the idea that a customer may want to add the door sills to the skirts?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Originally posted by califax@Feb 8 2005, 09:21 AM
will the door sills work with custom side skirts that come with body kits? do you guys think the body kit manufacturers make their side skirts with the idea that a customer may want to add the door sills to the skirts?
There is almost no way to tell until you get the skirts, but the ones from Scion only stick on to the sill with double sided 3M tape. The only modification you may have to do is drill one hole in the skirt in the door sill area, because the new sills use a tab to align them, but it should be easy to transfer that hole.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.