Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, first post on the board. I used to be a regular over at my350z.com until I realized that I just turned 20 and I can't afford a 350z. But anyway, I put down my deposit on a tC on Monday, and of course I got the runaround saying the wait time is 4 to 6 weeks. I was cool with that at first, until I had time to think about it and realized that my car is in the shop and my mom always falls asleep so she never picks me up from work. So I had to walk halfway home monday night from work before she woke up and came and got me. That wasn't cool, so I got pissed. I wrote an email to every dealer that came up on scions website within like a 50 mile radius. There were probably 5 or 6 dealers. I have heard back from two within a day, saying they could get me a car within a day or two by trading. I would've just dealt with them on the spot, accept that I had a 500 dollar nonrefundable deposit at another dealer. So I call my current dealer up and demand my 500 back because theyre dragging their feet. That really turned him around, he made a few calls and poof, my car will be in this coming monday or teusday. About a 1 week wait. The other dealer I was talking to was going to transfer one up from Virginia (I live in Pittsburgh), he was gonna have someone drive it up I suppose which would have meant 500 + miles which to me was unacceptable. But I just used that offer as leverage to get my dealer to get on the ball.

So do not accept anything more than a week or two. They told me at first that they had nothing to trade for to get my car any sooner. When I told him I was going to another dealer that story changed real fast. It turned into "We have a black 5 spd coming in tommorrow that we can trade for your super white". And that was that. Don't believe the hype. Make the dealers earn their commission.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.