Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, first post on the board. I used to be a regular over at my350z.com until I realized that I just turned 20 and I can't afford a 350z. But anyway, I put down my deposit on a tC on Monday, and of course I got the runaround saying the wait time is 4 to 6 weeks. I was cool with that at first, until I had time to think about it and realized that my car is in the shop and my mom always falls asleep so she never picks me up from work. So I had to walk halfway home monday night from work before she woke up and came and got me. That wasn't cool, so I got pissed. I wrote an email to every dealer that came up on scions website within like a 50 mile radius. There were probably 5 or 6 dealers. I have heard back from two within a day, saying they could get me a car within a day or two by trading. I would've just dealt with them on the spot, accept that I had a 500 dollar nonrefundable deposit at another dealer. So I call my current dealer up and demand my 500 back because theyre dragging their feet. That really turned him around, he made a few calls and poof, my car will be in this coming monday or teusday. About a 1 week wait. The other dealer I was talking to was going to transfer one up from Virginia (I live in Pittsburgh), he was gonna have someone drive it up I suppose which would have meant 500 + miles which to me was unacceptable. But I just used that offer as leverage to get my dealer to get on the ball.

So do not accept anything more than a week or two. They told me at first that they had nothing to trade for to get my car any sooner. When I told him I was going to another dealer that story changed real fast. It turned into "We have a black 5 spd coming in tommorrow that we can trade for your super white". And that was that. Don't believe the hype. Make the dealers earn their commission.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Welcome to the site woodyear & congrats on soon having a tC!

As for the deposit - it's just that, a deposit, meaning it has to be fully refundable... If that dealership gives you any more problems, you can always report them to Scion... but... you're getting your car, so I'm sure you're happy about that as I was

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Just some clarification regarding the deposit -- a deposit can be nonrefundable, but they would pretty much have to tell you that up front. Also, they can't take your deposit and just hold on to it without doing anything, even if it is nonrefundable. If they don't say anything one way or the other, though, it's probably refundable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah they told me it was non refundable. I was just dumb and excited and didn't care at the time. But alls well that ends well.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure I heard Damon ask someone for $200 for a deposit and it was fully refundable. It may be a dealer-to-dealer difference.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I'm sure it differs from dealer to dealer. Mine was refundable all he had to do was give the check back.... it is still stapled to the folder containing all of our info.

11 days to go!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts