Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my new dome/map lights. I used blue LEDs for both front and rear dome lights, and white LEDs for the map lights. As another user said - now the map lights match the key light pretty well, and the blue dome lights are a nice addition to the blue lights I'm trying to go for all around.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Nice look. I did the same thing a few months ago, but got reeeally sick of it and eventually switched the bulbs back to normal because it causes those lights to be entirely useless for actually seeing anything (especially if you need to read something). They do look slick though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I saved the bulbs and put them in my glove box.

this mod took 10 minutes. The plastic cover over both lights just pops off.

The LEDs you need are wedge base for the front and a 30 or 31mm festoon for the rear.

I used a 4 LED cluster for the map lights with a focused beam and a wide angle beam 5 LED cluster for the center light. (all 3 with wedge base)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hey i am going to order leds to replace the map lights, i looked at it for a second, but does the whole plastic part come out? or just teh clearish part? thanks what about the back?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just that clear part pops right out. no real disassembly here. same with the back

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just ordered all of the lights needed for the inside of the car. I can't wait to get them in. THe ones that are in the pics looks sick. Nicely done bro!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey you wouldnt mind helping a not-so-educated-about-lights-guy
produce some of these "led cluster" 'wedge bulb" and "festoon bulbs"...
please help a common tC owner out...
if you could.. email back... or just post.. ty

·
Registered
225 Posts
aight bro check it out. The front dome lights that you see in the pics above use bulb size 194 and the light in the back uses a festoon bulb that is 30 or 31x10. all of these bulbs exxept the festoon bulb are set on a wedged base. To see exactly what I'm talking about check out this web page www.superbrightleds.com

·
Registered
374 Posts
Damn, that looks sick man, I just ordered mine too after seeing pics in another topic. How bright is it? and is it hard to read when you need the map lights?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I Ordered mine yesterday. You should get whoever runs superbrightleds.com to hook you up with free stuff for sending so much business their way.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I just received them today in the mail and installed them. So far, so good. I'm liking them a lot. Might not be as bright as compared to stock, but its cool. Can't win them all.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
no fair... where are mine? ur so cal.. im so cal... with my luck its lost in the mail

·
Registered
374 Posts
Originally posted by hamster@Mar 16 2005, 09:01 PM
no fair... where are mine? ur so cal.. im so cal... with my luck its lost in the mail
On the envelope that they send it in, USPS Priority Mail w/Delivery Confirmation was used. That's weird because they never emailed me with any Tracking Number whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
got it today... just waiting for the car now....

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I got mine yesterday. Here's the pics I took last night.

Here's the bulbs I bought.

This is the front dome light:
Before:

After:

And here is the rear dome:
Before:

After:

And of course the cubby hole:
Before:

After:

I really like how it came together. I don't think there's as much useable light from the domes, but I still have the map lights if I need them.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dang everyone has this little upgrade done now huh? We brought superbrightleds hella business, I think we should get some hook ups.

·
Registered
733 Posts
USPS does not have a real tracking system so you never get a tracking number. It can be insured, require signatures, etc, etc, but never truely tracked.

Great looking mod by the way, since our project car is baby blue metalic we are going the blue light theme as well.

Rick

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Originally posted by BlackTC@Mar 18 2005, 08:33 PM
Dang everyone has this little upgrade done now huh? We brought superbrightleds hella business, I think we should get some hook ups.
That's exactly what I was sayin'!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.