Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 tc with a stock stereo in it. I would say 4 to 5 times a week, I will be driving along and the channel will change on my radio by itself. Does anybody else have this problem or know why it is doing this? It did it 3 times yesterday. It is starting to get annoying?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I never had that problem when i was using my stock HU

·
Registered
197 Posts
mine never did it, maybe youre pressing the steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Mine does it all the time! Also It increases in volume randomly too it gets pretty damn scary! haha. Only ont he radio though.. Would they really replace my HU? What If I want the iPod HU now..

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have had my 06 bcp for about 3-4 months and my car does it all the time as well. i know im not hitting the steering wheel because when it changes it only changes to one higher frequency(ex. 101.1 to 101.3) . if i were hitting the steering wheel it would change to one of my presets. it hasnt gotten to the point where it bothers me but i may check into the dealership to see if they will replace.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine goes from 88.1 to 88.3.

·
Registered
191 Posts
yeah this seems to be pretty common. a lot of SL people have experienced it. at first i also thought it was the steering wheel controls, but then i rememer that those controls only jog through presets.. and i'd end up on static when it happened. i'm probably gonna ask my dealer when i go in for my oil change next week or so. i'll post whatever i get from him.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
maybe when turning the wheel..some wires cross and cause this? Just a thought. I'll be telling my dealer.

Oh has anyone heard about the 05' 06' scion tC recall to put some sort of brace on the panaromic moon roof? I guess they break really easily in the heat and when little stones hit? I saw it in a newspaper article. I'll show my dealer also..haha I guess they are supposed to send something in the mail but most don't.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i was thinking something wrong with the wiring in the steering wheel. but the steering wheel controls will only jog through your presets. the changing in the stations are from a preset of 101.1 to a random 101.3 or somethin like that. so i'm thinking it's the HU itself.

as for the sunroof, yeah that's the issue that's getting all these people that nice lil tC model. it only pertains to a few '06 models, i believe it was mori that posted somewhere here which VINs are affected. (which i just searched for and came up with nothing, did i dream this???)

just re-read it and saw that you said some dealers weren't sending out the letters?? gonna have to look into this, maybe i can score me a free jada tC model too!

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by ecks@Jan 8 2006, 04:49 PM
i was thinking something wrong with the wiring in the steering wheel. but the steering wheel controls will only jog through your presets. the changing in the stations are from a preset of 101.1 to a random 101.3 or somethin like that. so i'm thinking it's the HU itself.
not true. if you push and hold the button it will scan too. try it out;)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
FYI - I may be 10 months late on this, but there's a TSB on this if anyone else has this issue. Which means they replace it for free.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
do u have you favorites in it ? cause if not it does what you have right now. For Example u manualy tune up to any station...and when the signal is really low it's strats scaning on it's own ......

·
Registered
898 Posts
ive never had that happen to me

·
Registered
3 Posts
1993 Toyota Celica GT convertible... black on black... which may be able to get a HU trade in due to a cassette function gremlin. However, I doubt if any dealership will entertain my request at this point in time. I guess if you have a gremlin riding with you and your ride, it eventually becomes a permanent resident through the law of the land known as squatter's rights, which probably pertains to motor vehicles too!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.