Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the new Feb 2005 issue of Road & Track? In the article about the TC it shows and states that the radio display color can be changed. If this is true I am unaware of how. Anyone know anything about it?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Duckman@Jan 19 2005, 03:31 PM
I believe that is a feature on the in-dash 6 CD changer head unit. The stock head unit does not do this (I don't think).
Correct, this is only on the factory option 6 disc changer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is not true. I just purchased my Tc on Sunday and my cd player display changes color. It is not a 6 cd changer. It is a single cd player. It must be a new thing!

-CL

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am sure! I payed for the single cd player and there is a sticker that says to only load one cd at a time. I now what the difference between the two are. I am not new to the car audio department. I always install my systems myself and I always go with the best I can get.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Originally posted by cmlloveless@Jan 21 2005, 03:29 PM
I am sure! I payed for the single cd player and there is a sticker that says to only load one cd at a time. I now what the difference between the two are. I am not new to the car audio department. I always install my systems myself and I always go with the best I can get.
That sticker means you have a 6 disc changer. It's on all the ones to remind people they can't stick two in at the same time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That color change is definitely not on the single disc changers. It is only on the multi-disc changers. I remember them explaining that when my friend bought hers. I personally wouldn't care cus' i'm going with an aftermarket upgrade anyway. One thing about the TC is that it's not a true double din. It's actually smaller than a double din. They do make a single din kit for it though. Just food for thought!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Only the 6disc changer has the option to change the face color. I just got mine. It has 10 different colors plus an option called "mixer" that changes to all colors. It is not available on the single cd.

·
Registered
145 Posts
well I checked that out and mine is a single cd player. I tried loading more than one cd in and it would not let me! And no I did not try loading them together. I tell you all my deck changes color and it is a single cd player! I really am not that stupid to not know the difference.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
he may not be crazy after all.... go to scion.com and look in the tC picture area. the picture of the single cd player shows a button for changing color. the specs for the audio in the specs section, though, still makes no mention of this being a feature on the single cd player.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.