Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering what the difference between Cold Air Intakes were to Short Ram Intakes? Also is it possible to have Cold Short Ram Intake? Is there a big difference between them? is there a hot or warm air intake? haha sorry im a little new at the engine mods.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
A short ram intake still sucks air in from the engine bay. A Cold Air Intake sucks in air from outside of the engine bay. Basically, one is longer than the other. You can also use a short ram in conjunction with a hood scoop. A shortram is a better idea when the temperature of the incoming air isn't quite as important as how much air is flowing. Namely - cars with very well-ventilated engine bays, or turbo cars. Naturally aspirated cars, especially ones that don't have huge air demands, are better off with a cold-air intake. Even though the intake is longer, the cooler air will help make more power.

· Registered
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. that helps a lot, still not possible for a cool air short ram intake though?

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Nope.. cold air intake is cold air... the intake head is close to the headlight or down near the fender. you can't have a short ram short pipe and get cold air like that.

· Registered
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright i understand now! Thanks guys.. You know anything about exausts? Like difference between cat back and axle back? I have an idea does it have to do with the cat-converter and how close the pipe is or omsething..? hmm so confused anyway can anyone elaborate for me? thanks.

· Registered
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
id search if i had time thats why i asked. leave me alone a$$hole

· Registered
4,894 Posts
it takes less time to search than it does to wait for an answer.... click the search button at the top.

· Registered
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'll give it a try. See what being nice get's you mr. DAVE?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.