Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
i ordered it when i bought the car and i was told by the dealer that it will be released in mid september

·
Registered
19 Posts
They are still in production, a few companies have made them but they are wayy over-priced right now.. The one form the dealer is a joke.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Originally posted by CustomTC@Sep 16 2004, 02:49 PM
They are still in production, a few companies have made them but they are wayy over-priced right now.. The one form the dealer is a joke.
How so? What will the other aftermarket co's offer that's different from AEM? Just curious....

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Will they add 4 HP instead of 3? Maybe even 5??

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I was looking at a magazine that came out TODAY (but I can't remember what the hell it was called) that had a nice 3 page review of the tC. They actually did a Dyno test too. The tC they were reviewing had the TRD exhaust and CAI. If I remember correctly they showed 151lb/ft torque and 140hp to the front wheels...that's about 5hp and 10lb/ft torque increase from the stock dyno numbers we've been seeing, correct? The exhaust isn't doing even 10% of that, so the CAI actually isnt' that bad.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Sep 20 2004, 04:58 PM
I was looking at a magazine that came out TODAY (but I can't remember what the hell it was called) that had a nice 3 page review of the tC. They actually did a Dyno test too. The tC they were reviewing had the TRD exhaust and CAI. If I remember correctly they showed 151lb/ft torque and 140hp to the front wheels...that's about 5hp and 10lb/ft torque increase from the stock dyno numbers we've been seeing, correct? The exhaust isn't doing even 10% of that, so the CAI actually isnt' that bad.
Interesting... i'd like to see that. I'm not at all impressed with the TRD exhaust, but it does sound nice... ...
but while I may consider the intake, i'd imagine similar gains woudl occur with the TRD air filter.....

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Sep 20 2004, 07:58 PM
If I remember correctly they showed 151lb/ft torque and 140hp to the front wheels...that's about 5hp and 10lb/ft torque increase from the stock dyno numbers we've been seeing, correct? The exhaust isn't doing even 10% of that, so the CAI actually isnt' that bad.
Never compare results of 2 different dynos, or even the same dyno done in different conditions (temperature/humidity/pressure).

Even when you do consecutive pulls on the same day/same dyno - dynos in general have 1-3% (or more) error margin, plus the car can perform differently pull to pull, all this added together and it makes it very difficult to catch a 5hp increase.

·
Registered
936 Posts
and to add to what Zolitz said above, if you can barely see it on a dyno...........you definitley will never notice a difference on the street 100% money back guaranteed. - t

·
Registered
4 Posts
sorry don't wanna make anyone mad here but why don't yall make a custom one it's really easy and it's a few hundered cheaper ractive sells the peices

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
^^^ imo, i don't think most people have the technical know how, or the proper tools to make their own intake. Also, not too many people would want to fudge with their brand new car, and have the possibility of fubaring it. Don't forget about the factory warranty if you get it installed at the dealer too. For a lot of people, the warranty is very very very important. Just my take on that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's true but a monkey could make a custom wai or cai with the peices from ractive or vibrant. And you're deffinetly right about warranties.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts