Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the site and need to know if anyone has eibach springs for a tc. Im getting my flint mica drop today with eibach springs. Looking thorugh the forums, I didnt really notice anyone of u guys have eibach. Is it bad springs for a tc or no one just dont have um?

· Registered
5,506 Posts
First off, welcome to the site. Secondly, you'll get a better response to your questions if they are posted in the correct forum (which is why I moved the thread).

Finally, I have to apologize, I have no answer to your question. I roll with the TRD springs and couldn't be happier. Hopefully, someone else will have some knowledge to drop.

· Registered
262 Posts
dont waste ur money on the eibachs. get TRD most people have those and also available from the dealer or mcgeorge's parts on ebay ^__^ or you could try the teins. teins drop the car a little too low for my taste.

· Registered
662 Posts
My opinion is dont get your car lowered more then 1 in and 1/5 except if you are changing the shocks too. The TRD are just fine they will last long enought with the stock shocks and they are not that agressive just to cover the huge gap. I'm getting mine soon from Ken.
That's my $.02

· Registered
164 Posts
Originally posted by daygotc@Jun 28 2005, 10:48 AM
Im new to the site and need to know if anyone has eibach springs for a tc. Im getting my flint mica drop today with eibach springs. Looking thorugh the forums, I didnt really notice anyone of u guys have eibach. Is it bad springs for a tc or no one just dont have um?
You'll have to let me know how it goes. I am getting springs from Sprint for mine.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got my springs in and it looks really good.The ride quality is a little stiffer than stock but not much. Not bouncy at all. The eibach pro kit drop my car about 1.4 inches. The springs drop my car perfectly.

· Registered
6 Posts
Just out of curiousity, if there are so many problems with the TRD springs, then why does everyone recommend them. I understand that not many people use the Eibach's but, you get what you pay for. If there are problems with the TRD's like; ride height, or squeeking, why wouldn't everyone recommend something different. I haven't lowered my girls tc yet but I will deffinately not use the TRD's. The Eibach's are only like $50 more and I haven't been able to find any complaints about them yet. I have lowered all sorts of vehicles and one thing that I have learned over the years is that if a product is even slightly questionable,don't use it. I'll try out the Eibach's and let you all know how they are. You will have to wait for a little while though because I am stocking up on parts to install for my girls b-day in a couple of months.

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
I haven't had a single problem with my TRDs nor has anybody I know. I have no clue what is wrong with everybody else's. Maybe they didn't install them right.

· Registered
6 Posts
That is deffinately a possibility. I just don't want to deal with a set of springs that could potentially give the car a lean. The TRD's seem to be giving many people the same problem with the car having a 1/2"-3/4" difference in the fender gap. My neighbor used to work for TRD and told me that a lot of their products get released before all of the kinks are worked out. He worked in the research and development department for 6 years. I am going to talk to him about the uneven stance that some people are talking about to see what he has to say. Maybe he'll have some inside information to help everyone out with this issue. I know there are more people that don't have this problem than people that do but I don't want to be one of the people that does. That would be just my luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.