Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that has a 1995 Mustang GT with 150,000 miles on it. Do you think that the TC could beat it? His car is a manual.

·
Registered
539 Posts
well filmnews of course you can beat his mustang GT...Thats if youre force inducted or else his car cant start up...lol...Ive raced plenty mustnag GT's and I havent won any of them yet...260 bhp 4.6 v8 verses our measly 160 hp 2.4L...lol...u can try if u dont believe me

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Cut two plug wires and even things up a bit!

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
exactly..or go find an automatic v6 stang wiht a girl driving
rev her up..then take off she'll never know what hit her.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
His car is a 5.0. This means that the car has 215 horsepower. I will give it my best shot.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Gonna have to side with the Mustang on this one.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will try to counter all of you non-believers. I think that the TC can do it. I think this, because I did so good against the Cobalt SS.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally posted by filmnews@Nov 1 2005, 08:50 AM
I will try to counter all of you non-believers. I think that the TC can do it. I think this, because I did so good against the Cobalt SS.
sorry I love my tC and maybe you did hang with the cobalt SS...Im basically a perfect driver off the line in my tC and I cant even hang with a cobalt SS 2nd gear....maybe the cobalt SS driver u raced sucked...nevertheless tC>mustang only in looks IMO...v8 (any) mustang> stock tC

·
Registered
27 Posts
Probably would have beaten my mustang (1990 1/2 25th anniversary edition)...But only 'cause it had some serious problems. It had a throttle surging problem (that I managed to fix) that got me in a lot of races since I would be at a stoplight and the engine would be 'idling' at around 3500 rpm. Shortly before it was stolen it had a problem of where it would just randomly die on me in the middle of the road....but whatever, it was a nice car turned POS that the insurance company gave me 5 grand for

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
hmm okay..I beat my friends 40th anniv Mustang..v6 i believe.. he drives an automatic tho. Plus he's not the best driver (but it was only like going straight for about a block) :\ hey still a kill.. haha

·
Registered
832 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Nov 1 2005, 07:57 AM
No, unless the Mustang dies mid-race (which is a distinct possibility).
It's true. there is a good chance it will catch fire during the race. Or at any other time. Or it could be catching fire right now and you'll never even have to run against it.
Funny thing is, I'm best described as a Ford guy myself, just nothing that has been made in the past twenty years.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wow that reminds me of a year ago when I was driving up to tallahassee. Saw this 4 dr focus on the side of the road with BLUE FLAMES SPEWING out the bottom of the engine. How do you do that?

What's worse is the people (children included) were just standing there like 5ft from the car! If I had a POS focus that was spewing blue flames, i'd be running for the hills.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.