Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No rattles!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some how we need to get the attention of Scion/Toyota and do something about this. Its driving me crazy. I didnt buy a 18k car to listen to a baby rattle installed in the back. And the squeek in the dash, and the glove compartment, and the moonroof, and the lights in the interior, and the rear seat, and.....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Had moon roof rattle fixed quickly and with toyota like concern for the customer.

Have damn hatch rattle have been given the run-around for three months and am going to start calling and emailing Toyota.

Thanks, K

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I have the sunroof rattle. It's really quiet and doesn't bother me. I'll have the dealer perform the tsb when I reach 5k and get my oil changed.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Neither of mine rattle.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I amade van appointment for this friday to get evrything fixed, the rear hatch rattle, the popping roof, the loose notchy shifter and the whistling roof. Hope I get all of them fixed with out any hasles from the service department, by the way I'm at the dealer as we speak getting my alignment done

·
Registered
111 Posts
Originally posted by SilverScion13@Mar 22 2005, 07:37 AM
although maybe my music is too loud for me to hear any rattles...
same here..i got that ish cranked to the max~!

·
Registered
241 Posts
No rattles here.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Originally posted by EyeOnScion@Mar 22 2005, 03:57 PM
dont have rattles, but when i go over some speed bumps i hear a "thump" in the hatch.. checked the spare and its secured right.. still trying to figure it out.. only happens every once in a while tho..
I do hear that thud in the rear if I go over speed bumps sometimes.

·
Registered
680 Posts
On the third time I took the car into the dealership for the same sunroof complaint, they finally applied the TSB, but to no avail. It still rattled!!! I took it straight back to them and complained, again. The service writer said that neither the tech nor theshop foreman could hear any rattles from the sunroof. I promptly asked them to take a drive w/ me and they complied. As soon as we left the driveway, you could hear it. I pointed it out to them and drove around a bit more. After driving for a while, it got worse and became very noticable. We took it back into the service department and after several other test drives they were able to locate the problem. It was not the two screws mentioned in the TSB. It was the two hinges on the wind deflector. Lubed it up w/ some spray silicone and the rattles were gone...completely!!! Try it yourself to see if it solves your sunroof rattle problems.

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
When I took my tC for the same sunroof rattling problem, I pointed that wind deflector hinge out to the service tech. I still think that's my problem. There's far more play in the bracket (side to side) on mine and Damon's then there is on a new one on the lot.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
no car... so i dont know yet

·
Registered
9 Posts
actually getting some rattles around the dash area im pretty sure its the glove compartment bc when u hold it in place the rattles disappear. another annoying rattle that is obvious is when the passenger seat belt bangs against passenger seat adjuster thing, the metal part is by default on the same level as this part of the seat so the seat has to be in a certain position to avoid the banging, kind of annoying and badly implemented but the solution is obvious. anyone know what im talking about ?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.