Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After removing the bumper and a headlight assembly, I baked it at 300 degrees for 10 minutes and pulled it apart. To my displeasure, the housing behind the yellow reflector is ugly (black moulding and unpainted plastic of the headlight reflector). I had to re-bake and reassemble the headlight unit and the bumper all for nothing.

THE MORAL IS, if you want clear corners, either wait for new aftermarket headlights to come out, stick on cheap vinyl coverups, or be happy with your amber reflectors.

May the curiosity over this issue be concluded.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Several people I know painted the amber reflector with black no-gloss paint and put it back where it was. Looks like a part of HL housing, and in almost 2 years nobody was pulled over for this. (it was done on a Matrix - the headlight looks somewhat similar to tC in terms of amber reflector deal).

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
That amber reflector doesn't really bother me. It kinda seems like it should light up.... but other than that, I just see it as a 6th toe... strange, and somewhat out of place, but i can still walk!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just see it as a 6th toe... strange, and somewhat out of place, but i can still walk![/b]
HAHAHAHA that was great

·
Registered
84 Posts
Inorder to get the headlight apart you need to stick it in an oven set at 300 degrees? I was thinking about clearing my corners to. Is it worth it? Behind that little orange lense is black sticky gunk? I want to take that annoying lil reflector out and make my headlight look pimp...get back to me ASAP thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Uhhh...search button?

·
Registered
34 Posts
[intro music]
STUPID QUESTION OF THE DAY:

I have read on a lot of different threads people trying to remove the amber from various parts of their car. I am still scratching my head and wondering simply why?

Whats the apeal?

[end music]
This has been another STUPID QUESTION OF THE DAY
(brought to you by the tired and often confused mind of argsix)

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I guess it's like shaving your head - just to be different

·
Registered
20 Posts
im not sure why i dont like it, i guess i dont want like 3 colors or more on the outside of my car (paint, rims, tinting...), however if i had an orange car i wouldnt mind it at all. I just dont like having tailights that are red orange and white/clear and headlights that are clear and orange. I like to keep it red in the back, clear in the front. However i dont nearly as much mind the amber dash bulbs on the inside, although if i had my preference it would be red. I switched my interior lights on my accord from green to red, and that was a HUGE hassle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts