Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some Grounding wire sets for the tC on ebay at one point in time but I don't see it anymore. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make one from scratch... I've read a few threads but it doesn't explain enough. Where do you ground everything and what do/can you ground??? Any kind of advice would help... thanks in advanced.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's amazing to me this is such a big deal. I hope no one expects a performance increase from putting different ground wires on their engines. It would be unrealistic.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about this article... is it false?

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0405it_300zx/

DYNO 4: A'PEXi Ground System
Air temp @ 66.4 Degrees Fahrenheit
Temperature difference from previous run -7 Degrees Fahrenheit

Peak HP. 274.0
Peak TQ. 298.2

2000 to 3500 HP Range: 1 - 3
2000 to 3500 TQ Range: 2 - 4

3500 to 5500 HP Range: 1 - 3
3500 to 5500 TQ Range: 2 - 4

5500 to redline HP Range: 1 - 3
5500 to redline TQ Range: 2 - 4

Pros: Unlike most ground wire kits, this one uses a voltage stabilizer that requires you to connect battery power to the box.

Cons: This system costs much more than the traditional ground wire kits.

Parts Include: Ground distribution block, five ground wires.

Tools required for install: 10-mm wrench, 12-, 14mm socket and ratchet.

Dyno notes: Just like most ground wire kits, power comes from where you ground the wires. We found that grounding near the alternator and spark plugs works great but placing them near crank triggers tends to make power erratic.

Install time: 30 minutes

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I've read quite a bit of evidence proving that a grounding kit can actually improve performance, and I've heard lots of people say, "no it can't." I've never seen anybody prove it can't though...

I still wouldn't spend $100+ to get 1hp though.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The only way a grounding kit "improves" power is if the engine is suffering misfires because the ground is bad.

1-2 hp variations between runs are completely insignificant. I've seen 10 hp variations between dynojet runs with the same car just a few minutes apart.

I do not trust most magazine article advice, they are trying to sell magazines, and the guys making the wire kits advertise in their magazines. They always manage to find something redeeming with these things to keep the magazine on the stands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.