Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of all the damned cars in the parking lot...why, WHY did it have to be mine??? I wasn't even parked under a tree...I was at least 5 spots over from the scrawneyest broke a$$ tree in the whole joint!!!

And it was chunkey toooo

Oh the horror!!!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
It's the new car thing. Birds see a new car or a just washed car and target it specifically.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My daughter noticed it and she started screaming "MOM MOM MOM LOOK! OH NO LOOK!"

Thankfully it hit my window....

But if I would have seen that little fukker I would have pulled every feather out of it one by one!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Make sure you get bird crap off asap, or else major damage to your cars paint will happen. The acid in the birds crap will slowly eat right through your clearcoat, and once that happens your hella screwed. I work in the car painting business and touching it up with paint won't work the greatest. Get the crap off your car asap

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no worries...I did...like I said, thankfully it hit the wondow...BUT STILL!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Mine wasn't so fortunate...so I cleaned it off just now in the dark. Hopefully it all came off...

·
Registered
205 Posts
I keep a bottle of car cleaner in the car just for that purpose. I have been known to do that job at work in my suit and heels. But then, I always have the problem of finding somewhere to wash my hands ASAP.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by basilisk4@Jan 11 2006, 09:33 AM
I totally thought this thread was going to be about shooting birds.
Well, it is sort of, because that's what I was thinking when I said "birds for target practice"

But no one has discussed it that's all.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, I know what I should ask. The guy at the dealership was wiping it down for me before I left and he had on rubber gloves and he told me to get this certain king of towel (can't remember the name but it was a light blue) to wipe it down and to not use anything but liquid soap and no fabric softener when washing the towel otherwise when I wash my car and dry it, scratch marks happen.

But he didn't tell me what to wash it with...Do I go to a car wash? Touchless? do it myself with dish soap? Do I use one of those sheep gloves?

Mainly, what soap do I use to wash it?

·
ex-06'er
1,124 Posts
I've had my car absolutely covered at least twice. The first time, I was on my way to the car wash and a group of high school girls were advertising for their fundraising carwash. I stopped and said look do you really want to do this? They said we're not the ones washing the cars right now, so sure, it's right around the corner. Poor girls.

The second time for some unknown reason there were birds in Chicago pooping on my car at 11:00 PM on a 10 degree night. The crap literaly froze to my windshield covering it so I had to go buy an ice scraper just to get it off and throw away the ice scraper when I was done with it.

The guy that invents a poop-repellant wax should be given the Nobel prize in my mind.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by damien1023@Jan 11 2006, 09:57 AM
it may have been a micro fiber towel
That's it!

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
red ryder BB gun or wristrocket + a birdhouse or good trees= revenge on the birds

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You need to shoot them with ice. No evidence remains after the kill. It works on obnoxious cats really well.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
true story i almost did, was talking on phone in my bedroom when i was a teenster, fired it off at a box in my closet. the BB ricocheted off the shelving flew back and hit my on the cheek bone under my right eye! DOH! no punk-rock points for Eric

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.