Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
For some reason I don't care about foglights. Did not make much difference on the Matrix, just lit up 2 yards in front of the car better.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
yup, and the dealer option is pretty expensive too.

·
Registered
116 Posts
As I have said before, both Piaa and Hella make foglights that are no comparison/ superior to the Scion OEM ones. I am going to mount them in the scoops and have a switch in the car so I can run the fogs alone, on low beam or with high beam in my rural community (think deer) something one can't do with the OEM ones unless you wire the switch differently.

That grill seems cheap and ties down over the existing one? Seems bogus to me.

K.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Sep 9 2004, 10:16 AM
For some reason I don't care about foglights. Did not make much difference on the Matrix, just lit up 2 yards in front of the car better.
After hearing this and seeing pics of Scions foglights.. really has me thinking about aftermarket lights... Is there anything already in the tC that would make installing factory lights easier than aftermarket lights? like, is it already pre-wired, or anything?

I've never done work like that before, just curious how difficult it really is...

-K

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I contacted the seller & this is his response:

The photo was taken a Toyota and at the Toyota Accessories division. The fog lights are a Toyota product. If they are not available yet I’m sure they will be soon. You would need to contact Toyota for pricing and availability.[/b]

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
yeah, I don't care too for the grill, I'm not into that billet look. I like the stock grill just fine, thats just me though.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by whosthatrussian@Sep 10 2004, 11:50 AM
yeah, I don't care too for the grill, I'm not into that billet look. I like the stock grill just fine, thats just me though.
Ditto.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
hahaha, hey Marty, what do we NOT agree on? LOL

·
Registered
18 Posts
i realize that this topic is pretty old. but i have Hella fogs in the scoops. and it looks very clean. when i brought it in for 5k oil the service guy mentioned how slick they looked

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by simple_azn@Feb 5 2005, 01:46 AM
i realize that this topic is pretty old. but i have Hella fogs in the scoops. and it looks very clean. when i brought it in for 5k oil the service guy mentioned how slick they looked
Pics!!!

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by simple_azn@Feb 5 2005, 01:46 AM
Which fogs do you have?

·
Registered
243 Posts
imo, THose things look really bad. They dont really look like much and do you really need fogs???? I mean when was the last time it really helped??? Other then that, the work looks alright, did u use the same switch mech. that is used in the scion install fog lights or did u set it up another way????

·
Registered
21 Posts
i like where u put them, but they look to small compared with the size of the headlights. I would like some fog lights with the style of the headlights in the location u put them using up the whole hole.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by wildpatel@Feb 9 2005, 07:29 PM
imo, THose things look really bad. They dont really look like much and do you really need fogs???? I mean when was the last time it really helped??? Other then that, the work looks alright, did u use the same switch mech. that is used in the scion install fog lights or did u set it up another way????
technically they're driving lights. i like it so has everyone else thats seen it, so to each his own.

i bought a switch and put it in the console.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts