Scion tC Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Mine went up $10.00 a month.....so now I'm paying $72.00/month full coverage....& I have a clean driving record.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Originally posted by SpeeedTc@Jun 11 2006, 10:23 AM
oh, nvm lance, i geuss i missunderstood. i always thought it was government's insurence.
I asked my father about this and he said that it was only for government and their families for quite a while, then during the early 90s they had to open up to the public for their insurance, then he said recently he thinks they closed it off to only members of the government and war officers, etc. now..

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
He doesn't know squat about USAA. Sorry. NEVER for government. For military officers and their dependents first, then they opened to enlisted in the early 90's. It has never been open to the general public.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
And USAA's service has gone down dramatically. I just got dropped from USAA due to them considering me an "unsafe driver" due to blah blah blah blah blah. Basically it comes down to them wanting to drop me after I enquired about being covered or not during HPDE.

Now I'm switching to Geico.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Next time you should really do some research before you say things like that. That can hurt people's feelings, man.

I don't have much of an appetite, thanks.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Insurance on the tC went up about $80 for the year, the wife's Corolla went down about $30, and our shareholder's dividend was up about $50 over last year... so we're paying, to the dollar, the exact same as last year.
They just moved numbers around. *cough* scam *cough*

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have Geico and I pay about 125 for my 2006 tC and my wife's 2005 Corolla S full coverage for two late model cars. I carry, rental coverage , 250 deduct for comprehensive, 500 deduct collission and so on . I used to have USAA for about 3 years but USAA raised my issurance by 50% when someone total my 98 sunfire gt back in Fort Drum, NY, in 2000.

USAA won't insure you unless you are a active military, active military dependent. When you live the military you have about I believe one or two years to buy a insurance policy from them. Anything else like banking or loans you have to be etheir retired or be active in the military. And USSA is not part of the US Goverment or any Goverment.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Mine went down $20/month from having a 4dr VW to the TC.
And I am not a fan of USAA...their higher priced w/slower service!
Im happy with Statefarm!

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by JAYLGO@Jun 12 2006, 02:45 PM
I have Geico and I pay about 125 for my 2006 tC and my wife's 2005 Corolla S full coverage for two late model cars. I carry, rental coverage , 250 deduct for comprehensive, 500 deduct collission and so on . I used to have USAA for about 3 years but USAA raised my issurance by 50% when someone total my 98 sunfire gt back in Fort Drum, NY, in 2000.

USAA won't insure you unless you are a active military, active military dependent. When you live the military you have about I believe one or two years to buy a insurance policy from them. Anything else like banking or loans you have to be etheir retired or be active in the military. And USSA is not part of the US Goverment or any Goverment.
Wrong on that as well... my father and mother are retired USAF officers. I applied for and got a USAA number two years ago, and have been paying for my own insurance, etc. I can also use USAA for my banking, investments, loans, etc.

The interesting thing... USAA rocks as far as their banking and investments go. Everyone there is extremely helpful, knowledgable, and patient. The insurance department... well... I've seen quite a decline in the service area for quite a while. The amusing thing, the insurance department wanted me to sign a waiver saying I would never participate in events that I'm not even covered under anyways. The service as far as insurance has declined dramatically so I have no qualms with moving on. Hell, my mother has been using them for 30+yrs for her insurance needs and even she is switching due to the horrible service.

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
GEICO f*cked me over hard on a motorcycle claim. Never again.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Originally posted by Obike+Jun 12 2006, 02:13 PM-->QUOTE (Obike @ Jun 12 2006, 02:13 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-JAYLGO
@Jun 12 2006, 02:45 PM

Wrong on that as well... my father and mother are retired USAF officers. I applied for and got a USAA number two years ago, and have been paying for my own insurance, etc. I can also use USAA for my banking, investments, loans, etc.

The interesting thing... USAA rocks as far as their banking and investments go. Everyone there is extremely helpful, knowledgable, and patient. The insurance department... well... I've seen quite a decline in the service area for quite a while. The amusing thing, the insurance department wanted me to sign a waiver saying I would never participate in events that I'm not even covered under anyways. The service as far as insurance has declined dramatically so I have no qualms with moving on. Hell, my mother has been using them for 30+yrs for her insurance needs and even she is switching due to the horrible service. [/b]
That is because they were officers. Enlisted personel like I was don't have many priviledges with USAA only when active and I am also retired, medically retired I get to go to the commissary and the whole nine yards and I am only 28.Anyways I' been banking with them for 10 years since I joined the Army. I did have insurance with them, they were not bad when I had them' until I got rear ended.

I think insurance companies view people differently. They look at your driving record and use their liability calculator, all insurance companies have scales that are different. Not all use the same scales. To get the best insurance rates we have to shop around. But sometimes what you pay is what you get.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I went from a Mustang v6 and a Mitsubishi Mirage and was paying around $160 a month for both. But i had just about every discount out there. Good Student, 2 cars, clean record, security systems, rural address, the works.

But then i moved to Texas into the city and got rid of the Mustang kept my mirage insured through my old address.

So now i pay $127 a month (Allstate) for my tC. I'm 25, i still think its a good deal since its full covered with a ton of perks. And it will drop to $117 once i get renters insurance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I traded in my '02 Explorer XLT for my TC. My insurance went up $87 a year. My wife is in a '95 V8 Mustang (not full coverage), and combined we pay $130/month. I'm 23, she's 26, and like removes stains, we've got every discount available (in fact, right now I'm logging 20 drives for another, it's dumb as hell, but worth the $10 a month).

I've been with a lot of companies, but for me, State Farm has been the best by far.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've had great luck with Progressive.

I pay about $200 a month which is a steal considering I have had 2 accidents, tickets, and someone did a hit-and-run on my last car. Keep in mind everyone else was quoting me $1,000-3,000 more than Progressive for a 6 month policy

I used to pay $300 a month with Metlife on my Solara.

Still though Geico is the biggest rip off in terms of insurance I have ever seen. You practically have to be a ***** whipped good driver to get any huge savings.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My insurance jumped $400 by dropping a car from my policy. It was $1k per year for a Scion Tc and a 96 miata. Now I pay $1400+. I think it went up again this year. I just went online to get a quote for insurance. It's $30 cheaper per year if I go with either a 2006 WRX or a 2006 Honda Civic Si Coupe!!!
I'm going to sell my car off and buy a new one instead since I want a bit more HP.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine is 2000 a year. It went up quite a bit due to me switching to my own insurance policy..I would say it went up a few hundred dollars.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts