Scion tC Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
No one in this area has it in their system yet. Hopefully when I get a VIN #, they will know then. For everyone that is finding a good company to go through, let me know. cause I wanna find the best deal possible.....

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Originally posted by bizzyliz@Jul 21 2004, 04:14 PM
damn that is good Tcrazy, who is your insurance company? what were you driving before the tC? mine dont have the tC's in their systems so i dont know what to do, i am planning on getting mine next week, guess i will have to contact other ins companies.
Before the TC I was driving a 2000 Mustang GT, it is a Step-22 car (higher the step, the more the insurance) and the Scion is a Step-8 car so that is where the difference is. My insurance company is Hanover, not sure if they are local to Mass. or not. As far as companys not having the car in their system, that information is false in a way. The insurance beureau has the tC in their system and has generated a code for it, the individual insurance companies just have to get a real VIN# from the customer in order to submit it to the beureau to get the proper code (and then determine your rate).

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got some good new, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO.
Seriously, I have GEICO insurance and I'm an at risk driver at 22 w/ one point on my insurance. I'm paying about $1,600 for the year. Not bad versus the $2,600 I was looking at for a Honda S2000. But screw that, Scion TC for life!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok. I called State Farm. I am 23, living in Northern Indiana. I am high because of my age. They too did not have the car in the system but they returned a quote from the price of the car. I applied for tons of discounts, good student (still under 25), safe driver (no points), excellent credit rating, and first time customer. With a 250 comprehensive and 500 deductible it was 76 a month for me. That is incredible. I ordered my tc, but won't be here until a month or so, I just hope that quote doesn't go up when it is time for me to get the insurance.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by VoLIMIT@Jul 23 2004, 10:16 AM
I got some good new, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO.
Seriously, I have GEICO insurance and I'm an at risk driver at 22 w/ one point on my insurance. I'm paying about $1,600 for the year. Not bad versus the $2,600 I was looking at for a Honda S2000. But screw that, Scion TC for life!!!
Nooooo.... Geico is so expensive....
I had them give me a quote and they were about 1000 more a year for 3 cars than my existing auto insurance. Check with AIG ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Geico is ridiclous, my car is alot I pay like 2500 a yr just because Im 18 and have a WRX but geico was around 3400 a yr when i wanted to switch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
wow, geico wanted 575$ a month from me!!! two companies wont insure me because of pending lawsuits. most of them said about 450-550, then alamo said 260$ a month. Thats the best i can find now, and i might have to go with it if i get this car.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Geico is a company that is most competitive, when dealing with drivers that have clean records (no accidents or violations), along with continuous coverage - you got moving violations or accidents expect really high premiums. Drive smart, pay less. On the other hand, drive stupid - bigger comission checks for me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
tC insurance is Jersey: $3300 per year
tC insurance in PA: $1300 per year
look on my face:
<--- priceless

f*ck jersey

and you guys should really check out Amica insurance they're pretty good

·
Registered
586 Posts
Mine only went up an additional $30 per month. Instead of paying $70 a month i now pay $100, not so bad for full coverage. At least i don't think so...And it is also through USAA.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
^USAA is great. No other insurence company can beat them. My family called up a bunch of insurence company's back when i was looking to get insured. They asked who there competing against and they all said, they can't even compete with USAA. It's government.

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
Bullsh!t. USAA is NOT government. I've been a USAA member since 1989, and they have NOTHING to do with government.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My girlfriend was planning to get a tC. We were all excited and everything until we started to look at insurance quotes. We live in AZ, she is 19 and has no accidents and 2 speeding tickets. The cheapest quote we found was like $210 a month. I guess coupes are just a lot more expensive to insure then sedans. We ended up getting an 07 camry, which is really nice because the insurance only comes out to $100 per month. It is a nice car but I really whish we had gotten the tC....

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Jun 11 2006, 12:52 AM
Bullsh!t. USAA is NOT government. I've been a USAA member since 1989, and they have NOTHING to do with government.
excuse me but isnt USAA the insurence you get if you have people in your family who serve in the U.S military? it is not open to the public. there for it is government.

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
It has NOTHING to do with the government. It is a private company founded by a group of Army Officers in San Antonio. You have to be a member, and membership is not open to the public, but that's true for LOTS of organizations.

From here.

About USAA
Serving the People Who Serve Our Nation.

The USAA story began in 1922, when a handful of military officers met in San Antonio to form a member-owned insurance company. By building around the core values of service, loyalty, honesty, and integrity, they created a company uniquely suited to the needs of the military and their families.

USAA has grown into a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $81 billion in owned and managed assets and offices throughout the United States and Europe. But it has remained true to its origins and is still dedicated to serving military members and their families worldwide.[/b]

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
16, male, and in Miami. Im paying about 3000 a year. And yes, it sucks.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts