Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hope everyone is doing well. Just wondering what you all experienced as far as a raise or drop in your monthly insurance payments upon purchase of your tC. Personally i went from a level 22 car (mustang gt) to an 8 with the tC which acounts for about 400 less per year. What was your experience?

·
Registered
619 Posts
To be honest, i still do not know what my insurance is. When i bought my tC my insurance company didnt have the car in thier database so they insured it for the financed balu and couldnt quote my payment. Thinks to self...maybe i should call them on monday.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Originally posted by C!ph3r@Jul 11 2004, 07:39 PM
To be honest, i still do not know what my insurance is. When i bought my tC my insurance company didnt have the car in thier database so they insured it for the financed balu and couldnt quote my payment. Thinks to self...maybe i should call them on monday.
I'm in the same boat...they didn't have enough info on it. But she got some specs on the car (mainly just the base price) and quoted me just about $15/month more than what I'm paying now (and I"m driving a 1994 Madza protege, 5spd.).

In other words, if it stays at the "quoted" price...I'm really happy!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I still don't know what my insurance is yet. I just know that we were getting a discount for airbags or something like that on my focus and they dropped that with the tc. This car has way more airbags then the focus did. I tried to call my agent today to get it straigthened out but he didn't call me back before I went to work. I guess I'll find out whats going on tomorrow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nationwide is sending my policy to the underwriter in the morning. I'll let you guys know what happens.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I should have been more direct with my question...

jackercrack - do you have anything on your record that would cause higher insurance?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I don't really have a car insurance yet because I don't have a car, but I'm expecting it to be pretty high considering I'm a first time driver on a new car.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by Andfx8@Jul 18 2004, 05:48 PM
I don't really have a car insurance yet because I don't have a car, but I'm expecting it to be pretty high considering I'm a first time driver on a new car.
it shouldn't be too bad.. i'm assuming your parents will put you down under their
insurance right?? that'll help on the costs

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
I just called AAA & since I didn't have a VIN # I couldn't get a very accurate quote (they don't have the tC in their system yet)... Best guess, my insurance would have gone up about $20, but I'll be moving between now and when I get the car, cutting my commute in half, so my insurance should actually go down around $20

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Mine went up about $100 a year.... but I have very comprehensive coverage. Since the car was so new... they could only give me a rate based on the type of car (2 door hatchback) and the cost approx.. $18000. I am insured through AIG.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
awesome news! my insurance went from 1640.00 a year to 940.00!!! I have 6 years no accidents/tickets and a TON of coverage, man im pumped thats so cheap!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
damn that is good Tcrazy, who is your insurance company? what were you driving before the tC? mine dont have the tC's in their systems so i dont know what to do, i am planning on getting mine next week, guess i will have to contact other ins companies.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts