Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
11,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you not familiar, the "lo bux conversion" is 17x8.5 wheels w/ awesome tires... and I just did the conversion. 5zigen Pro Racer GN+ and 245/40/ZR17 BFGoodrich gForce KDW T/A 2's. They simply transform this car... I thought the suspension mods I did made an improvement, then a simple tire upgrade was an improvement...

This now goes on my "Things you should do first" list. lo bux, I hope your wife doesn't take offense to this... but I
you.

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Lance, you see - your wife could have been driving on these wheels. Too late now

· Registered
11,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by EddieMoney@Nov 15 2005, 07:22 AM
Obike, did you get your wheels online or what?
You can say that
Got them from Zoltiz... he got them from edgeracing.com.

· Registered
180 Posts
What do you think about the goodrich's? The reviews on tire rack say they're a bit noisy, which is what kept me from buying them. Let me know what you think of them...

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Wider tires..... just in time for winter? Don't know if you get any snow in AL, but up here a Narrower tire is what you need in the snow.

Definitely something to think about for when it gets warm again, though.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Oh yeah, shouldn't this be under wheels & tires?

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Nov 15 2005, 01:56 PM
I wish I could find a nice set of 5-spoke wheels that will fit our cars and a 245 tire.
5zigen FN01R-c?

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz+Nov 15 2005, 11:55 AM-->QUOTE (zoltiz @ Nov 15 2005, 11:55 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Plissken
@Nov 15 2005, 01:56 PM
I wish I could find a nice set of 5-spoke wheels that will fit our cars and a 245 tire.
5zigen FN01R-c? [/b]
I had suggested those as well as Enkei RP03s to him, but I think they didn't fit his style.

I am still trying to decide between FN01R-Cs and RP03s.

-Ed

· Registered
11,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No reason for winter tires... it's Alabama. Worst thing we get is rain and pollen.

· Registered
11,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They look good

· Registered
185 Posts
eww..to me doesnt look to good with the silver...its not the photochop either....good job on it.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Nov 15 2005, 07:08 AM
Lance, you see - your wife could have been driving on these wheels. Too late now
I know, I know, but she reminded me of how pissed off I was when she scuffed her wheels, then scuffed mine while they were on her car and mine was in the shop. She didn't want that abuse again.

I actually put T1Rs on her car in the stock size. They work pretty well. Definitely not like 245s on wide rims, but a LOT better than the RE92s. Turn in is better, braking is better, lateral acceleration is better. And that's just a drive around the corner to the store...I haven't really tested them yet. I'll write something up under tire reviews when I have a little more seat time on them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.