Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was drivin down this like dark street..(in my 06' 5spd black snd pearl tC)..speed limit i think 45 or 50, anyway im goin about 50 55'ish don't quite know but then when we ( me and 2 other buddes) hit lights i see like at the last second before we hit , like a groove in the groudn sort of lieka little curb, from construction, anyway my car hits it as hard as anyone can imagine..well my friends complain they hit their heads in the cramped head space in the back and it was pretty loud..so im thiknin to my self :YOU IDIOT: anyway i drive all the way home and look at my tires , rims body.. bumper etc..everything is fine..so i'm wondering could i of ####ed up like my suspension or anything? could I have damaged anyhting else? im pretty bummed..about doin it but I hope its ok. Anyway is this the right forum to post this kind of thread? sorry im kinda new here.. anyway

oh p.s. I'm thinkin about getting a short shifter..leaning towards TWM, I like the height change and the throw difference. any one have this item got any opinions about it? anyway thanks guys.. talk to you soon..

Eric

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Uhh I would say worst case scenerio you could have a bent rim but I doubt it...I would just take the rim off inspect it and also see if you have any vibrations coming from that side at high speeds or low speeds for that matter...if not you should be ok and you may be able to get it fixed under warranty of you claimed "I don't know whats happening". Anyhow you should be ok I would think.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a similar experience in my tC. I was responding to the fire station for a fire, and I took a side street, speed limit 25, and I was doing about 45, and I was looking ahead at the intersection and completely overlooked 3 speed bumps right in a row (I'm talking like the big ones in parking lots that you have to almost stop to go over). It was the most horrible sounding hit ever. I went home, no visible damage, no rattle/vibration. That was at 5,000 mi and I now have 25,000 on the tC and I haven't had any problems yet.

I'm not saying it's impossible that you damaged your car, but I hope my experience gives you a little optimism.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, yeah i checked it out, no damage, no vibrations, all good
..Whew..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.