Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day my friend (who also happens to work at a Toyota/Scion dealership) called me up and asked if I was still interested in the tC. I had let him know earlier that I was in the market for one, but that I had to save up enough for a solid down payment - that being $6000. So far I only have a little over $1500 saved so I told him that I would call him back when I had the funds. He suggested that I should put down a deposit anyway since there was going to be a waiting period for it anyhow, and that it would be better to get me started on the process. I told him that it would probably take another 4 months (at least) for me to save up the money, so I would rather wait until then. He said okay and told me he would give me a call if something similar to what I wanted gets delivered to the dealership. I have not heard anything yet, but after reading so many posts about long waits on this forum, I'm seriously considering just putting down $500 now so that when I'm ready to pay the full down payment, the car will be ready - or at least maybe the waiting time would be reduced significantly. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
It takes about a month or 2 for the car to come in. I would wait a month then put $500 down (standard deposit). $4k for a deposit would be fine - that's what I'm putting down on mine.

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
i am not a financial advisor, but i play one at work. if you can buy a car with zero down, do it. if you can afford the payments and get financed with zero down, jump on it. your down on a car is lost the second you drive off the lot. save your dollars and put a down on a house where your money works for you.
depending where you are, the wait is different. our wait time here is about 2 weeks from right now. and we are only expecting an increase in tC's shipped, not the opposite. dealers who require a deposit bother me anyway. i mean, if someone orders a car from me, and it comes in and they change their mind, its not like i wont sell it to someone else immediately. deposits are useless anyway, since they are refundable (at least in CA).
my .02

·
Registered
241 Posts
i only put 1k down on my tC

but i did get away with zero down on the volvo s40 I had, it rocked

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.