Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone haveh alotta little knicks and scratches near the trunk....
i just looked closely and i see soo many scratches..
got some out w/ scratch X and wax...b ut theres stil a good bit of scratches left...
anyway to prevent any more scratches...
besides that big "SCION" rear bumper applique...?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't found one, but I noticed some scratches on mine after I got the diamond fusion glass installed.
Not sure if same thing happened to you or not, but it sucked. I called up the dealership and they said I needed some type of proof that the scratches weren't there prior to me bringing it in. Garbage.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My tc got hit and the first time I went to pick it up there were a buch of scratches on the back bumper (top side by trunk) and on the door sills. They told me the same thing and I yelled BS the cars only 19 days old. They ended up fixing it. After hearing this it sounds like the paint on all the plastic is very soft. This can happen because they add an additive to the paint so it doesnt crack on plactic stuff. Probably nothing that can be done.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I have scratches in the most awkward place, in the groove behind the Driver's side door handle. Entirely my fault, I guess...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Get the rear bumper applique -- this is why. If you get sick of it, you can always take it off.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I have them on both cars just for this reason. I've already seen what happened to my Supra.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Mar 24 2005, 04:43 AM
I have them on both cars just for this reason. I've already seen what happened to my Supra.
My girlfriend has an '03 RSX, and even though her car is silver, you can still see scratches all over the part right below the hatch. That's what prompted me to invest the $35 in the rear bumper applique.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
After seeing Lance's (with all his miles), I'm considering picking it up. I was worried there would be dirt clinging to the edges of the applique and it would look like crap after some time on the car.

Still looks good on Lance's.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I've had mine for about 6,000 or 7,000 miles now, and I haven't had a problem with the edges looking bad. Sometimes wax gets around around the edges, but it can be rubbed off.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I put the rear applique on today. I like it, but I am going to have to order another one. My dumb ass didnt have the directions with me and didnt use soapy water, THE FIRST TIME. Reapplied it and it looks ok, but will prob get another one. All in all I like it and it would have helped keep getting a scratch I put on the bumper from putting my bike in there. Should help now..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.