Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I have a 2006 Scion tc and i got in a minor fender bender (my fault). I rear-ended a truck, and the truck's hitch made a 4" hole in my fender, right through the front license plate (it will show about an inch above if I replace the license plate).

My question is this - the auto body shop told me that with the Scions, they can't just replace the fender - they need to repaint the whole front of the car (and let me tell you, this is a small hole ONLY on the bumper and the rest of the car is flawless, I bought it October 2005). They want to charge me 1,000+

They said this is because the fender won't match the rest of the car. Is this true? I find it hard to believe that these brand-new cars wouldn't have parts in the same color. I need some advice, this is crazy!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by neo-truth@Feb 8 2006, 01:51 PM
I don't see why you can't put just a bumper on there. I've got no experience with this sort of thing, though.
Sorry for double post; am looking for quick answer b/c i'm so stressed over this. my car is so pretty!

I don't see why not either. it's like a big conspiracy - the toyota dealership suggested going to this place and now they won't return our calls when we ask them directly about replacing the bumper without a $500 paint job.

· Registered
2,278 Posts
There is no reason to replace the entire front end, unless you broke or creased any of the mounts on the fenders. If there is no damage to the fender order a new painted bumper from your dealer and put in on yourself, its about a 20 minute job for installation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.