Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so around noon i get a call from my dad to come out to the garage. i come out and some bastard spray painted on the garage door and busted the window to our pick up we keep out there. the thing is this is all petty #### and they had no intention to steal anything, but they cracked the passenger side window of the pick up..

well my question is, the audio sensor on the Viper alarms claim to go off when your glass is tampered with.. and have read that glass braking has a certain sound that well trigger the alarm. the thing is, what if the glass hasn't been fully broken and just cracked? will it pick up the sound?

the reason i ask is because our garage already has two cars in it, which is why the pick up is parked on the driveway right behind the garage. along with that, my tC unfortunatly is also parked outside. not in the back, but in front of our front door. (we have this odd spot.. i'll take a pic of it soon to give a better idea..) but anyways, it's still outside, and obviously belongs to our household in the spot it's in (whoever busted the window seems to have targeted our house..).. just want to know if somethin like what happened to the window to the pickup happens to my tc (God forbid) will the alarm trigger?

edit with a couple pics..

that's what they did. the thing is that the window was intact when we got out there. just the cracks that spiderwebbed all over it. seemed like they used one of those emergency glass braker things (the actual term seems to slip my mind at the moment) so the window never really broke/shattered.. the wind took care of the rest and pushed the window in.. but yeah, that's what i was tryin to explain earlier.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I bet it would trigger. It would probably also trigger the shock sensor, no?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the quick replies.
and i'm not sure if it would trigger the shock sensor.. considering it seemed quite.. quick.. like it was something with a sharp tip that cracked a little hole n then went on to create spiderweb cracks throughout the window. like when i got out there it was litterally all there. just the cracks all over.. n then the wind blew it all in.. probably gonna just end up bringin the car to get the sensitivity on the sensors put all the way up or almost all the way up.. just sucks that now we're gonna have to shell out the money for another window..

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Well, My car was armed, and i was kicking snow off of the fenders and it set the shock sensor off. I think hitting the window would make more of a shock. It all depends on how you have it set.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah thanks a alot. yeah, i'm makin a trip tomorrow to get those sensors adjusted... i'd go today but i already told my friend i'd help him move.. maybe i'll leave my car by my gfs house tonight..

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Yeah the shock sensor is a little knob that you can use a screwdriver on to raise/lower the sensitivity.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay, so i've been digging around my car lookn for this knob.. where is it? i found the module, as well as the shock sensor while at it, but where's this knob you guys are talkin about?

edit: nevermind! found it. i thought the knob would be on the module after readin eddiemoney's and krdshrk's posts. so i was lookin all over the box for a black or white knob to adjust.. then i started following wires to find the other box to see if it was on there.. then i felt a hole in the shock sensor itself and voila! it was there, except mine was an orange color. but all is done now, i can sleep a bit better. thanks eddiemoney & krdshrk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.