Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from using the car's own defogger, is there any spray or cleaner that will help keep the inside windows from foggin up?

I used a interior defogger made by rain-x, but it lasted maybe or day or two then went back to fogging up again.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I tried that Rain-x stuff too... made it worse.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Toothpaste? That's what I used. I wouldn't do that to my windshield though.

AFAIK, there is NOTHING that really works as a defogger. Rain-X has been working this problem for years (since the late 80's) and still hasn't found the silver bullet.

·
Registered
180 Posts
there's this stuff called Fogpruf. haven't tried it on my windsheild but i used to use it on my glasses all the time when i used em. not sure as to where you would be able to buy it though. i got it from the hospital my mom worked at before..

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
It' a glycerin-based stuff that you smear on the glass. It is supposed to encourage the fog to form droplets instead of haze. It works OK on glasses because the reason glasses fog is a little different than windshields. If you put Fogpruf on your windshield, it would not work the way it does on glasses. Sorry, tried and already failed on that one.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ah I see, never really looked into how it worked, just remembered those winter days wearing my glasses.. thanks for savin me some time and a bottle of Fogpruf!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Anyone tried extra soapy water? Never figured how to get a thin layer of soap without bubbles but my old Chem teacher always said that's how she never got fogged on the inside.

Logically, it'd work as soap is a dispersent and wouldn't allow the water to just stay there but I can't figure out how she'd get a thin layer that won't obscure vision.

Of course she might've been lying.. Wouldn't know.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Well its not a chemical but if you crack the sunroof it fogs less...and thats from having 4 really sweaty dudes in my car after we get done playing basketball

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Originally posted by mrbrace+Jan 23 2006, 11:13 PM-->QUOTE (mrbrace @ Jan 23 2006, 11:13 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-SpeeedTc
@Jan 23 2006, 04:03 PM
4 sweaty dudes in your car....suasage fest....hahaha
naa they are all my homeboys so it was all good when we shaved each other at the gas station and the gym so one of us gets to hug the rest... [/b]
aww gross.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.