Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've waited and waited.. and finally got the call today to pick it up guaranteed. so i call my insurance provider..geico..to fax over my insurance cards to the dealer...then she says oh by the way the quote i gave you on this car was not accurate its acutually 2000$ more but thats no problem right?? i said LADY FU*CK YOU...this whole time i've been budgeting for a rate and it was no where near my actual cost...she said this happens all the time...bs...no way can i afford it now..

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Fight with Gieco. See if you can get the rate that was quoted. A friend of mine hade to do that with his motorcycle, the quote that he got was 1,200 bucks lower. He just kept asking for the person in charge and evenutally after flipping out for quite sometime he was able to get insured for about $200 dollars more than he was quoted. Either way that sucks. I wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
266 Posts
GEICO is a real joke anyway. Any company that spends as much advertising and is so aggressive in hunting down new customers cannot be the lowest in rates or service. They always "low ball" you on quotes until you sign up and then hit you with the "change". I would search elsewhere to insure your tC. I used to have them as my insurer a number of years back. I found their service lacking and they are also a pain on what they want to insure. Indeed I also found their "great rates" higher than what I pay at State Farm with the discounts I get...including having my homeowners through State Farm as well. Progressive is another company that "low balls" you with low quotes and on minimal coverage. It is a real ordeal to deal with a company like GEICO that is basically a office with a bank of phones..and no agent service.

·
Registered
742 Posts
State Farm is the best if you can get in, have to have a great driving record and keep it that way. Incredible service and never had a fight over anything, been with them for nearly 20 years now and dang good rates!

I have had several claims with State Farm over the years(only one was partially my fault) and they are always fast, never low balled me on anything, just took care of the situtation, I never shop around, never plan to.

I have heard plenty of horror stories about Geico. Thick about it, all that adverstising money has to come from somewhere and I bet it effects costs and customer support;)

Rick

·
Registered
454 Posts
Originally posted by Geneo@Aug 27 2005, 08:34 AM
I used to have them as my insurer a number of years back. I found their service lacking and they are also a pain on what they want to insure.
Yeah same with me...

·
Registered
106 Posts
try another ins company... esurance, state farm, allstate, great american... shop around DONT give up because gieco sucks.... good luck

·
Registered
127 Posts
Don't give up on such a great car just because Geico tries to screw you over. There are a lot of other insurance company out there. I use All States and they're pretty good about it. Just have someone w/ a valid insurance card to go and get the car w/ you and then you can shop around for other insurance later. You waited too long for the tC, don't pass out on it now!

·
Registered
675 Posts
i agree with everyone here.. geico is a joke.. i've heard about how they use sub-standard parts for insurance claims, not the original parts (like toyota brand).. so yeah they did you a favor.. !!

I have safeco, and it's awesome.. paying less for my tC than i was on my civic! great company, really easy to deal with..

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I'm only 23 and am from the New York metro area with full coverage (but fairly high deductibles) and I pay $1550/year ($775 every two months, to be precise).

I have Proggressive.

But, my driving record is flawless, I got my permit immediately at 16th birthday, took driver's ed. in high school and got my full license immediately at 18th birthday.

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by clandestine+Aug 27 2005, 04:31 PM-->QUOTE (clandestine @ Aug 27 2005, 04:31 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-EddNog
@Aug 27 2005, 02:33 PM
I'm only 23 and am from the New York metro area with full coverage (but fairly high deductibles) and I pay $1550/year ($775 every two months, to be precise).
do you mean every six months? [/b]
You're correct, every six months (every half year is what I meant--how that came out the way it did is beyond my ability to analyze the way my brain works.
).

-Ed

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Get a mailing address in PA or some other "normal" state. NJ and NY are nuts when it comes to insurance.

I have an at-fault accident and pay $800/6 months in GA, but I'm not surprised NY metro is that expensive - my ex-wife's car got literally torched in Brooklyn right outside her apartment. She walked to a pile of ashes one morning.

·
Registered
56 Posts
my family and i had to sue geico on two0 different occasions for two different claims to get them to do #### right. they tried to total my moms PT Cruiser that had 1200 miles on it about 5 grand under what it was worth. then they tried to low ball me when they totaled my old car also. they are just pieces of ####. so after our lawyer called them the second time this had happened to us they sat with their thumb up there ass for a while which was fine casue i had a rental car and then they finally settled. when all was said and done they ended up giving us what we wanted and payed over 2000 dollars in rental car fees. Now i know your wondering why so expensive thats what a rental car for 76 days costs. Isnt that some ####.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm kind of baffled by what kind of driving records you guys have if your insurance is so high. My tC is fully insured with Geico with a $500 deductable for Albany, NY and my premiums comes to $1360 for an entire year. Yeah...that's about $680 for 6 months.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by scion06@Aug 27 2005, 08:23 PM
my family and i had to sue geico on two0 different occasions for two different claims to get them to do #### right. they tried to total my moms PT Cruiser that had 1200 miles on it about 5 grand under what it was worth. then they tried to low ball me when they totaled my old car also. they are just pieces of ####. so after our lawyer called them the second time this had happened to us they sat with their thumb up there ass for a while which was fine casue i had a rental car and then they finally settled. when all was said and done they ended up giving us what we wanted and payed over 2000 dollars in rental car fees. Now i know your wondering why so expensive thats what a rental car for 76 days costs. Isnt that some ####.
yeah i believe you about geico.. AAA of michigan tried to do that to me as well with a car i had before.. yeah i knew it would be totalled, but the guy tried to give me $5k less than even wholesale.. he actually told me i "had to sign the papers" or they wouldn't pay me.. how funny.. i told him "i guess i'll talk to my lawyer".. he hung up the phone! hahahah.. i got my money though.. then i left AAA.. what a rip..

yeah i've heard of other things geico does to their policy holders.. so just because it's the lowest price, don't think you're going to get the highest service when it comes time to make a claim! they've gotta pay for all those ads somehow..

·
Registered
868 Posts
I know geico spends alot on advertising, but whatever. I'm 19/m, perfect driving record picked $100,000/$300,000 PIP/UM/BI, $50,000 Med Payments, and have a $500 deductable for collision. I only pay $1200/6 months. It'll be closer to $1000/6 months once I've had my license for 3 years come next may.

I don't think that's too much IMO. I can't even get insurrance through most companies because I haven't had my license for 3 years (time with permit doesn't count). AIG, Sentry, and a few others asked how old I was and told me no right away. Progressive wanted blood though. My 6 month quote with MINIMAL coverage was over $2500 every 6 months. My buddy who has tickets out the wazoo, and is 21 was just paying over $2000/6 months for his tC. I told him what I pay with geico and he switched over with more coverage for only $1300/6 months.

Hopefully I'll never file a claim with geico, but if I do I'll let you guys know how their service is. But I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off at all. Hardly anyone will ensure a 19 year old (20 in a few days) with a sports coupe with less than 3 years behind the wheel. I'm glad geico did!

·
Registered
42 Posts
wow you guys have expensive insurance. I'm also with Geico, first time I sign up with them. I did it online since it's how I like to do things these days. I picked exactly what policy I like 100,000/200,000 full coverage. I pay only $485/6 months so that's less than 900 per year. I used to go with AAA but they quoted me 1300 for the same coverage. So I say bye bye.

Hopefully my experience with Geico is better than what I'm reading on here. crossing my fingers.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.