Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(should only be about your new scion tc's)

i go first...
exactly 1 month after... i got 1 cigarrette burn on the rear seat... flipped it out of the sunroof... did not realize it didn't go out until the end of the day... now promised myself never to smoke inside the car again...

2 road scratches under the front aero when i went down too fast, coming out from a mcdonalds parking lot... i cursed and swore against my own recklessness... and that stupid spot...

now tell me yours... please...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
I scratched the top of my trunk after attempting to wip dried bird crap off. The scratches were pretty noticeable, but after applying Meguiar's wax and polishing it, the scratches disappeared. Now it looks just like new. fewwwwww....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I have a scratch on the middle of the hood from a rock hitting it while on the freeway
...ordered touch paint today, any other ideas on fixing it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
I have a scratch or two near my door sills... I also have some mark on my hatch window... don't know if it is glue or if it is really scratched. I tried to rub it off but its not working... will take into dealer some day soon to ask them to remove.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
After getting my car, my mom was inspired and wanted to trade in her 2000 Jetta for something new. I went to the local Toyota Dealer cause she wanted a camry. While I was there test driving cars for her (she trusts my judgement on cars over her own, because of my experience with them) and while there I got my first door ding. I'm soo anal about where I park my car. Even at work, I park 8 rows back so no one will park near me. I am soo pissed and its not even that bad. But, you can't protect treasures that are in a glass house right???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
I don't think I have any scratches on mine yet before it was too dirty to notice and so today after it was cleaned I don't think I saw anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf@Aug 3 2004, 07:23 PM
I have a scratch or two near my door sills... I also have some mark on my hatch window... don't know if it is glue or if it is really scratched. I tried to rub it off but its not working... will take into dealer some day soon to ask them to remove.
Go to an auto store and get a clay bar. If it's glue, sap, bug crap, etc; the clay bar will take it off easily.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@Aug 3 2004, 08:30 PM
After getting my car, my mom was inspired and wanted to trade in her 2000 Jetta for something new. I went to the local Toyota Dealer cause she wanted a camry. While I was there test driving cars for her (she trusts my judgement on cars over her own, because of my experience with them) and while there I got my first door ding. I'm soo anal about where I park my car. Even at work, I park 8 rows back so no one will park near me. I am soo pissed and its not even that bad. But, you can't protect treasures that are in a glass house right???
Right... I am so paranoid these days too. I now hunt for the "right" parking spot at work. I still can't help but to walk around my car after work to inspect whether someone dinged my doors or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55+Aug 3 2004, 08:40 PM-->QUOTE (Zygote55 @ Aug 3 2004, 08:40 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-imasaf
@Aug 3 2004, 07:23 PM
I have a scratch or two near my door sills... I also have some mark on my hatch window... don't know if it is glue or if it is really scratched.  I tried to rub it off but its not working... will take into dealer some day soon to ask them to remove.
Go to an auto store and get a clay bar. If it's glue, sap, bug crap, etc; the clay bar will take it off easily. [/b]
I will try this weekend... don't really know... feels like a scratch... hope not... if so, no worries. I will make them replace my hatch and pay for my retinting it. I saw it there when I picked up my car and the dealer said it was just glue and should come off after a few car washes. ... Now a few window washes later and many scrubs... still there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
my rear floor mats were slathered in good old north carolina redclay-mud yesterday...

me, a friend, a friend of said friend, and another kid I've HATED for a while were driving around doing some stupid stuff and apparently somehow one of the two in the back (friend of friend and hated kid) tracked an ASSLOAD of mud into the car. I got MOST of it off the carpets and plastic parts but the floormats are still pretty nasty. I'm trying to get the kid I don't like's phone number so I can make him pay for me to go get it cleaned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
Get some oxiclean and mix it in a bottle with hot water and it will get a lot of the mud out. I work in a restaurant and the mats in my focus were black with grease and restaurant yuck and had red clay mud on them. Sprayed that stuff on them and scrubbed and they went from black back to gray.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
i curbed my back passenger side rim, but its small. then i was stoned, and backed up into a black bmw that was parked blocking a driveway, i didn't check carefully because i just assumed no one would be there, so there is a small horizonal crease like mark on back bumper. I'm going to dl the body repair manual when its out, take off the bumper and just push it out. I almost got the bumper off, but the clips along the fender are really tight and i just don't want to pull it off, i'm sure a repair manual will say how to dettach rear bumper properly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
I didn't cause this but....i was dropping my gf off to pick up some movie tickets...and when she opened the door....slammed it into the curb....I may have to break up w/ her.....lol, j/k...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
793 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf+Aug 3 2004, 11:50 PM-->QUOTE (imasaf @ Aug 3 2004, 11:50 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-imasaf
@Aug 3 2004, 07:23 PM
I also have some mark on my hatch window... don't know if it is glue or if it is really scratched.  I tried to rub it off but its not working... will take into dealer some day soon to ask them to remove.
[/b]
I don't think I have any dings or anything yet, but I noticed a mark on my hatch as well....about a foot long, horizontal across the lower glass (near the trunk)...I tried to rub on it a bit when I was washing my car but I was in a serious rush and didn't have time to fool with it. I'll have to check it again and see what it really is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by LoopyLady_1@Aug 4 2004, 07:55 AM
I don't think I have any dings or anything yet, but I noticed a mark on my hatch as well....about a foot long, horizontal across the lower glass (near the trunk)...I tried to rub on it a bit when I was washing my car but I was in a serious rush and didn't have time to fool with it. I'll have to check it again and see what it really is.
It is probably residue from the tape they put on to protect the car while in shipment.... my worry is that mine seems to be indented inwards (scratch??) Can't really tell.... gotta see if I can get it removed first..

Oh... I forgot to add that I also curbed my passenger front rims. I'm used to parking close to curbs and my old car only had hubcaps so I never used to care. The damage is minimal and I can barely see it. Lucky for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Ok... time to bring this one back up...

Just found a paint chip on my hood... I guess from a bouncing rock ??? Its in an odd place... right on the tip of the hood above my head light. The paint was chipped all the way down to the metal hood. I guess I better get some touch up paint to protect it so it doesn't rust...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
793 Posts
I got a scratch to the right of my driver's side door handle. It's on the body panel though...it's 3-4 scratches, each a few inches in length.

I have no idea what did it but it sucks. :-( They are pretty shallow I think though...anyone have good tips for trying to buff them out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Originally posted by LoopyLady_1@Aug 8 2004, 12:53 PM
I got a scratch to the right of my driver's side door handle. It's on the body panel though...it's 3-4 scratches, each a few inches in length.

I have no idea what did it but it sucks. :-( They are pretty shallow I think though...anyone have good tips for trying to buff them out?
if a normal wax wont take them out......try Meguiers "Scratch-X" that should do the trick no problem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
Scratch-X is amazing stuff. But if that doesn't work, Turtle Wax makes a product called Color Cure. It works really well for blending in with your clear coat. I'm normally not a huge fan of Turtle wax products at all... but this actually works. Other than that, maybe some very fine rubbing compound mixed with a polish and a buffer? I don't know.... good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
793 Posts
think I'll try the Meguiers if I can find it in a local car shop (I tried to find the interior/detail cleaner the other day and they didn't have it...they had wax and stuff...but not the interior protectact).

Thanks much for the advice you two!
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top