Scion tC Forums banner

Dealership screwing you over?

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  basilisk4 
#1 ·
Wow i jsut got word back from my dealer that i have not even placed a order on my new scion tc when i was told 4 weeks ago that they didnt not have the car i wanted. so i changed the color and a few options so i could get it in 2 more weeks... so its been two weeks and i call. now they say that i never palced a order for my F/M tc. wtf is this crap. now they say if i order now it will be months before i ever get my 5spd m tc no matter the color or option..... should i go down there and shoot all of them??? if so whos in for a free tc. lol just playing but id like for you people who might preside in Austin TX do not do your deals threw Charles Maund Scion/Toyota. They have just had there whole krew quit/fired so i dont know whats going on there. Ive been wandering if i should report this to the BBB. welp got this off my chest now to go rant at scion its self...

pissed off -john

#5 ·
Originally posted by imasaf@Sep 14 2004, 06:56 PM
file a complaint through Scion headquarters... that will get their heads turning quick.. believe me...
Yea, this will scare the everliving crap outta the dealership.

#14 ·
Originally posted by trinity@Sep 16 2004, 02:41 PM
Dammit, why couldnt they work in atlanta?!
In Atlanta we have to pay $400-$600 doc fees, have crappy customer service and fight mountains of BS even when we buy a "no haggle" car like tC... I guess it's what we have to pay to breathe better air than Cali

#16 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz+Sep 16 2004, 03:54 PM-->QUOTE (zoltiz @ Sep 16 2004, 03:54 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-trinity
@Sep 16 2004, 02:41 PM
Dammit, why couldnt they work in atlanta?!
In Atlanta we have to pay $400-$600 doc fees, have crappy customer service and fight mountains of BS even when we buy a "no haggle" car like tC... I guess it's what we have to pay to breathe better air than Cali
[/b]
You are right about that. The "Documentation Fee" is definitely NOT optional around here...hehe

#18 ·
I gave my dealer a $500 deposit, which I understood held a balck cherry tC for me when it arrived. It has been delayed for another week. Now the dealer is telling me "No. You have to sign a contract! If someone aggressive comes along, we'd probably have to sell them the car you put a deposit on." What kind of BS is this. I've already waited 3 weeks, so I'm kind of hesitant to go elsewhere. What should i do? F them or stay? I bet they just want to close a deal before the end of the month.

Sandra

#20 ·
That is the point of the deposit -- to hold a car for you. Otherwise, they're just holding your $500 for no reason. Demand they put a definite hold on a particular car for you within a couple days, or demand to have your deposit returned and go elsewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.