Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the TRD Short Shift Kit and the Bazooka Custum sub installed in my 06 TC.

They charged me $255.00 for just the installation of the shift kit
and
They charged me $297.00 for just the installation of the subwoofer
When I got the car back, the steering wheel controls do not work. Now I have to take it back in tommorow for who knows how long. I already lost a day of work.

Did I get ripped off at the dealership?

What would you all do?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Installing a short shifter is apparently pretty easy... you could do it yourself for free if you have a couple hours free.

As for the bazooka sub, I wouldn't know... I don't know how hard it is ton install that, but $300 does seem steep.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Originally posted by Drift Motion@Jan 19 2006, 03:27 PM
wherever u go, dont go to a dealership, they charge a shitload...
Not necessarily, I got some good install prices at my dealer. And by having your dealer install TRD parts, this makes things much easier when a warranty issue comes up later on.

prices

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
TRD quickshifter install will take me (a computer geek) about 15 minutes. Bazooka - about an hour.

And I thought that Bazooka install is included in the price. mori, d?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's called flat rate pricing. The tech gets paid for the job based on the rate specified by Toyco in their flat rate manual. A good tech can log 80 hours a week in a 40 hour time period. This is part of what makes dealership work expensive.

You got seriously hosed on the short shift install. There is no way it even flat rates at 3 hours. It truly is a 15 minute job, start to finish with nothing but hand tools. Power tools would drop it to 12 minutes.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
What about the original wiring it up and hiding all that stuff out of sight? (Or is the tC pre-wired for the optional subwoofer?) That would take a couple hours I'm guessing. That still sounds expensive though... and that's the sort of thing I'd rather do myself.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Plug is there? Bazooka kit comes with wiring harness that you run from the HU to the back of the car. All click and play, no splicing or anything like that. I bought this harness separately to wire in my Bazooka tube. Easiest sub install in history.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah. I think Im gonna write a letter to the dealership. They have given me sooo much trouble with the whole "car buying" experience.

I'll just take it to other dealerships from now on.

The sub sounds good. It's just enough bass without blowing out my ears. I have the gain low even.

The short shift kit is awesome. You really get alot out of it compared to stock..

What do all of you recommend for geting Serius Satalite in the TC. Go with the stock setup? Or go with an aftermarket ad-on?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Maybe bring it up with Scion corporate... they might send you some stuff.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
My dealer told me $600 for the shortshifter and $800 for springs; Installation only. Well that is what my mom told me after getting off the phone. She could have boosted them a few hundered so I would change my mind..she is sneaky like that

·
Registered
281 Posts
yea it took me a hour to do my short shifter install but i drank 3 coronas in the process. lol took me 3 hrs to install my trd springs including a lunch at wendy's, a half hour for my fog light install, 6 hrs for my turbo install (incl. new plugs, injectors and muffler) 5 mins to install the sport pedals, 3 mins to install my CF b-pillar aplique(sp). if you wannna throw your money away at the dealership, just paypal me the money since you dont want it that bad lol

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.