Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I searched through lots of topics that have to do with tint and it seems that 90% of people rather get their tint custom done then dealer done...why is that? Is it not dark enough? Over priced? I'm looking into a Super White tC, so any advice on whether I should go darker for that specefic color would be helpful too!

This will be my first car so I really don't know anything about...well anything really, haha. So I would appreciate any help that you can offer.

Thanks again,

John

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
I don't know any dealers that do tinting in-house. That is why we have to go somewhere else to tint. I got the darkest allowed by law.

·
Registered
64 Posts
the dealership does offer tint jobs, i got mine done through them.

although i don't know the percentage, my tints are pretty dark. i was asked if i wanted light, medium, or dark. i opted for dark all around, but the guy at the dealership recommended that i go with medium in the front, dark in the back...because of the law. i agreed, and i was suprised. for a "medium" tint, it ended up being pretty dark. "dark" is pretty damn dark, i can't see anything through the small back mirrors.

maybe i will get some pictures up to show how they look like.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by InnovationX+Oct 5 2005, 06:48 PM-->QUOTE (InnovationX @ Oct 5 2005, 06:48 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-HaTeOnThYs05
@Oct 5 2005, 03:46 PM
i didnt say dealers dont do tint, i said MINE doesnt do tints.  those are kinda light compared to mine though.
I was talking to Plissken ;p [/b]
I meant the same thing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
yeap the last picture was the night i bought my baby home from the dealership.

tint quality is good, considering t he fact that its from the dealership. only bad thing was that i was informed not to lower my windows for 2-3 days, and to leave the car in the sun if possible. i was glad the car has a sunroof.

·
Registered
109 Posts
if you get pulled over for too much tint..... lets just say, this is theoretical (cant spell for shiat and too lazy to use spell check that is less than 1cm from my mouse).

what could you do to allow you to have tint in a state that might not allow tint...
for educational purposes only (the reading of the information)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.