Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is any trick to taking off the sticker the dealer puts on your car for their advertising. Can you just peel it off or do you need some special product?

·
Registered
793 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
i just took off my dealer's sticker yesterday. it wasn't a whole sticker like a bumper sticker, but just sticky letters. after having the car parked in the sun for a couple hours, the heat was enough to loosen up the adhesive and i just picked it off with my fingers. used some goo gone to clean up what was left behind.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Originally posted by ycart1201@Aug 9 2004, 05:25 PM
gotta love goo gone.

Nathan
ycart1201
gotta love goo............

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by LoopyLady_1@Aug 9 2004, 04:47 PM
Check out this post:

http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=479

Not exactly the same idea. Here's what I do. Make a solution of dish soap and water about 4:1 ratio (4 parst water to 1 part soap). Soak the sticker and let it sit. then just peel it away carefully. You can also try a hair dryer or heat gun and heat it up to loosen the adhesive. Good luck!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Oh my bad...thought by "sticker" they still meant "decal".

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can anyone tell where to get goo gone? i went to rs strauss today and they had no clue what i was talking about and just told me to use wd40 do get it off, but i'd rather use this fabulous goo gone everyone is raving about

1 - 10 of 10 Posts