Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday after work I went to my dealer service dept to get my first free oil change. I also asked them to check my left front tire because it was losing air. They offered to rotate my tires for a small fee, so I figured what the hell. Turns out I had a screw in my tire and that it was close to the sidewall so they may not be able to patch it, but that they would try, and had to put the pressure up to 65 psi to see if the patch would hold. It did, so I paid and went on my way. Almost immediately after I left, my TP warning light came on. When I got home, I check my pressure, and the left front tire was missing its valve stem cap, and was at 45 psi! This indicates to me that they didn't rotate my tires. What do you think I should do?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dude, I'd a been calling them on my cell from the side of the road waiting for them to pick my ass up in their tow truck!
They screwed up pretty bad and didn't even do the work they promised....but that's just me.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Better check the color of your oil, too. I usually put a small chalk mark on my tires when I have them rotated by a dealer.

·
Registered
266 Posts
All the other posts suggest good things too. I would go by the dealership and ask what tire they repaired and why the left front had so much air in that one if they rotated it. See how big a hole they dig for themselves. I bet it will be a pretty deep one. Do not go in there all pissed off....you can get that way later after they explain. If it appears that the tires have not been rotated...I usually have no trouble figuring that out on a front drive car...get your money back. Find another dealer to service the car and when Scion does a follow-up survey on that first service...let them know what your experience was at the dealer. If you approach the problem smart...they will come off the worse for the experience. If you rant and rave..they will try to make you look like a customer that cannot be satisfied. I for one...believe you got had. People wonder why I like to change my own oil...of course I am taking advantage of those 3 free oil changes too. I even get my tire rotations done free for 2 years..and I still watch to see that it is done.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Some dealer service dept's suck ass.. My friend had told me about Gilroy Toyota but I gave them a chance.. big mistake!

I made an apt for them to replace the weather strip on the bottom part of the hatch window. I told them the problem and when i went in.. it took them 2hrs to tell me they didnt have a weather strip and were going to order it. The next week when i drop the car off.. at 7:30am, they told me it would be ready by 2. They call me around 10 to say they can't do it because they have to remove the entire glass.. understandable. They tell me that auto glass can be there by 3 and my car would be ready by 6:30. They call me later and say that auto glass can't go and they scheduled me for the next morning. I was pissed.. they didnt even ask if i was available. I told them I had to work so they scheduled me for the following monday. They guy said he talked to auto glass and they could do it... i said ok. A few hours later after I've picked up my car.. they call again. The guy says they can't do it monday since its memorial day... normally, i would understand but they guy said he had already confirmed that auto glass could do it. I was so upset.. the guy flat out lied to me!

My bf called and talked to the manager or supervisor there.. basically i had to drop off the car sunday morning and my car will get taken care of on tuesday.. they are paying for my rental... a corolla. ugh.. all that for a weather strip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.