Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a bit of problem. I'm still waiting for my new car to come:(

today my salesman called and told me he doesn't have the black scion tc(manual) with the options I wanted; however, he said he can get me another black scion tc with more options from another dealer. the problem is that that Scion Tc costs about $1500 more than what i ordered. He said he can get me this car by next week. Also he told me that it will take another month if I ordered another black one. I called another dealer and they told me the waiting time is also a month.

do you think he's trying to rip me off for more money by adding more options?
what you think I should do? get my deposit money and go to another dealer?

·
Registered
868 Posts
That's just a question that you have to ask yourself--how badly do you wan't a tC? Obviously since you found this forum, I'm going to guess you want one rather badly. With your dealer, no.. I HIGHLY doubt he's trying to scam you, or pull the wool over your eyes. Someone probably custom ordered a tC, and then changed their mind, thus another dealer has one with more options just sitting on the lot.

I had something similar happen when I ordered my 06 BSP Manual tC. My dealer found one on a lot with no options, but I wanted a fresh one from Japan with no "test driven" miles on it. Any car sitting on a lot most likely has miles allready on it. I waited a month to ensure my car was fresh from Japan. It was worth it IMO.

And to anyone who thinks a few miles on a tC aren't that bad when picking one off the lot... let's just say that when I went to test drive a tC (which was an 05 Azure Pearl 5-speed), I only put about 10 miles on her, but probably really put a couple thousand on. I know that's not good for a car at all, but hey, that's why they have extras sitting on the lot, and I wanted to know what the tC was capable of.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd adamantly tell your dealer what you want and that's all you want! Sometimes, you have to deal with you salesperson with an iron fist. Most of the time, they'll do what you want and help you out a great deal. Other times, they'll get lazy and that's when you've got to stand your ground. You'll be happy you did. There's nothing like the feeling you recieve from getting exactly what you want, it's also the same for not getting exactly what you want. Best of luck to you in your car purchase.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey dude, take my advice and be patient. I know you want the car bad but if it's not exactly what you want, don't buy it.

Go to another dealer or dealers to shop around. Because I was patient (even though it's not my true nature), I was able to find out that the first dealer I went to was trying to scam me into getting the car I did not want.

I went to another dealer and even though it took me more time, I'm now driving the car that I really wanted and I am very happy I was patient.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
today i called the salesman. he told me that extra options are the lip spoiler, tyc taillights, floor mats, door sill, and carbon dashboard. it costs like $1000 more. So I decided to get that one. by end the of this month i should get it. I know i'm very impatient, i cant wait another month. i've been dreaming about this car in my sleep for many nights now.

btw, what is carbon dashboard?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by Turbocharged@Aug 26 2005, 05:13 PM
today i called the salesman. he told me that extra options are the lip spoiler, tyc taillights, floor mats, door sill, and carbon dashboard. it costs like $1000 more. So I decided to get that one. by end the of this month i should get it. I know i'm very impatient, i cant wait another month. i've been dreaming about this car in my sleep for many nights now.

btw, what is carbon dashboard?
carbon dash? it's a carbon fiber kit they applied to the car.. truthfully the dealer is tacking all that onto the car to make you pay more and for them to get a higher profit.. if that's what you want, then fine.. but i'd say find another dealer if you don't..

this is a big problem dealers adding all sorts of junk on then telling people that is all they can get.. what liars..

·
Registered
106 Posts
i had a dealer tell me that all 06 tC came with spoilers on and the only way to get one with out a spoiler was to custom order and wait 8 to 12 weeks... haha yeah he was trying to sell me a car i didnt want with options (it also had fogs, floor mats, security, and amber lights) to make him more profit... so i found another dealer 40 miles away that happened to have a SW tC with only airbags and nothing else unless i wanted something else..... "shop" around.... wait for what you want if you have to... i have rushed into cars before, its not FUN to be stuck with something you dont like

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have only had my tc for about a month- and it took them a whole month to get it to me! Yea it was a hell of a long wait and a hell of a time to go with out a car but i'm telling you the wait is definitely worth it so make sure that he knows if he really wants his paycheck then he will get you the car you want and never settle for less than what you want especially when you are paying for it!!! (sorry went thru the same thing with my dealer)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I FINALLY GOT IT TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

yooooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!

spent 3 hours for the paperwork, but it is worth it.

brand new 2006 black scion tc (manual).

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I think that the profit margins are so small for the tC's, that the dealers are starting to figure out ways to jack up they're small proffit by decking tC's out, and then telling people that to get one without a bunch of options is going to take a long time.

·
Registered
958 Posts
if you think thats the case, then my opinion would be to just wait for them to order the one you want.. a month isn't too bad.. i mean yea its a long time, but its not long enough for you to go crazy..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.