Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't post here very much anymore but I just wanted to run this by everybody. I dropped my car off at Stevens Creek Toyota on Tuesday to take care of some rattles and a moon roof that doesn't sit flush with the rest of the roof. I get a call late tuesday that says that I will need to come in and pick up a rental. Then today I get told that it is going to be a week and a half. They are replacing the struts and welding a piece to the upper hatch area to prevent other rattles. They still have not really addressed the issue I am most interested in, The moonroof that doesn't sit flush. Not sure what to do cause I want to get it fixed but I don't want to not have my car for more than a week. D and Mori is this normal?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
No, but it sounds like they are really fixing the source of the problem, not masking it with sound deaden materials. Let us know how it comes out...

·
Registered
832 Posts
Originally posted by nrhanson@Oct 13 2005, 03:45 PM
Don't post here very much anymore but I just wanted to run this by everybody. I dropped my car off at Stevens Creek Toyota on Tuesday to take care of some rattles and a moon roof that doesn't sit flush with the rest of the roof. I get a call late tuesday that says that I will need to come in and pick up a rental. Then today I get told that it is going to be a week and a half. They are replacing the struts and welding a piece to the upper hatch area to prevent other rattles. They still have not really addressed the issue I am most interested in, The moonroof that doesn't sit flush. Not sure what to do cause I want to get it fixed but I don't want to not have my car for more than a week. D and Mori is this normal?
Are they providing your rental or are you paying for it?
If they are paying, what's the trouble?
I'm pretty sure they are doing something very similar to my car right now. They had to send it to a body shop to fix some gouges that appeared while it was in their care and the body shop is apparently doing something to the hatch hinges to fix the noise.
Once the Scion representative and the dealership owner got involved, things really started actually happening with my car. I honestly believe now they intend to make things right with me and I've gained a new respect for Wilson Motors.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome to the club... The dealer had my car for a week and I still have rattles... its even worse now. I am supposed to take my car in next week and have to leave it again for the same thing.. they are taking my poor tC to a shop to have something welded on the hatch. I hope you're not paying for the rental.. i didn't have to. But then again, all my issues started to get taken care of after I talked to Scion.. thats a long ass story. My car has been to the dealer so many times and I still have rattles.

Good luck

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope I am not paying for the rental. But it sounds like you have the same problem as me cause they are going to weld something to my hatch as well. I am just not thrilled to be driving an xA and I would like to have my car back. Just kinda sucks.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Originally posted by courier11sec@Oct 14 2005, 09:17 PM
Once the Scion representative and the dealership owner got involved, things really started actually happening with my car. I honestly believe now they intend to make things right with me and I've gained a new respect for Wilson Motors.
Glad to hear they finally got things straightened out for ya, Ray.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Originally posted by Pharoh+Oct 15 2005, 11:50 PM-->QUOTE (Pharoh @ Oct 15 2005, 11:50 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-courier11sec
@Oct 14 2005, 09:17 PM
Glad to hear they finally got things straightened out for ya, Ray. [/b]
Actually, they still have the car. They are working on the hatch noise, focusing on the hinges. I think we're sneaking up on a month now, with the exception of the twelve or so hours that I had it a couple of weeks ago. At least they are pretty committed to fixing it.
These Camrys sure are comfy!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I finally got my car back today. However there are a couple caveats. Neither of the problems are fixed.

I spoke (with a little bit of yelling) to the service guy yesterday. It turns out my rattling was coming from a piece in the sunroof that was broken and has to be replaced. I told him that I would be coming to pick up the car immediately and once the part is in they can call me and get it fixed asap.

Anyway I finally have my car back for a little while at least. Its fun to drive it like its stolen again as well.

Also, I think I am one of the first people to get the laminate recall done for the sunroof. That was the one thing that they actually did take care of while having my car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.