Scion tC Forums banner

Blue or Amber dealer installed lights?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just give me your opinions and also, are they only located above the pedals. I know that I saw some pictures of lights in the cup holders, but will the dealers actually do that for people?

·
Registered
445 Posts
yea the dealer puts them in the cupholders and in the footwells...but alot of people bought the lights seperate and installed the lights themselves...all my the lights in my car cost about 45 bucks...only because i bought aftermarket and installed them myself i put 2 12" cold cathodes in the footwells and 4 leds in the air vents, 7 in the cupholders 3 in the front and 4 in the backs, then 1 in the cubby hole.

·
Registered
445 Posts
not sure if it voids warranty...but my dad is a manager at a dealership so im sure if something breaks they will fix it for me

·
Registered
515 Posts
They can only void the warranty if the lights you installed cause the problem. But if you install the lights and your transmission goes out then of course they can't void warranty because of the lights. The lights had nothing to do with the orginal problem.

I got the LED lights from the dealership (after I bought the car through a hook up) and I like them. Only complaint is the damn things move so every so offten I have to turn them around.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^Oh, thanks for the warranty info, and you could probably hold your lights in place with electrical tape. But i dont know enough about the problem to say for sure. By the way, nice sig.

·
Registered
445 Posts
yea the dealer installed lights hang down so far...you can see them when ur just sitting in the car...mine are tucked away and u have to get on your knees and crawl under the steering wheel to see them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The dealer installed the amber lights for me free for having to wait 9 days for my car. It's not as flashy and cool as JustWhite there
but the amber goes well with the instrument panel lights which happen to be "amber". BTW, they installed it without my prior knowledge but that was fine with me.

Oh, yeah, the lights in the footwells do hang low and you can see them. I was afrid of kicking them at first but they are actually out of the way.

·
Registered
445 Posts
i just took an led and pulled out the AMBER light from the hole and taped it on top of the cubby hole on the inside of the center console so you cant see it...then i dropped the blue led in there...so yea the inside of my center console lights up when that light is on but u cant see it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.