Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a TC. Thing runs strong, but needs minor work here and there. I can't figure out why the horn isn't working. I've checked the fuses, they're fine. The next step is to check the relay switch, however I can't find any relay switch for the horn on any schematic I find online. I also checked continuity, but it seems like the horns are receiving current and the switches are doing their job at the steering wheel. Does anyone know how to get the horn working again? Much appreciated

·
Registered
2007 Scion TC 2.4L automatic
28 Posts
Go to your local junk/salvage yard & look for truck & SUV horns. Especially if they come in a pair.

The ones I've always used are from either a Chevy Trailblazer or GMC Envoy.

That's what I installed in my Forte. Got rid of that weak VW/Honda/clown sound horns & sound.

When you go to the salvage/junkyard take a 12V/18V power drill. Use the + & - from the battery to bench test the horns.

·
Registered
2007 Scion TC 2.4L automatic
28 Posts

GMC Envoy horns installed from local junk/salvage yard. Such a better sound vs the weak typical VW/Honda small compact clown car sounding horn.

While there I bought Chevy Trailblazer & another set of GMC Envoy horns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
View attachment 7105
GMC Envoy horns installed from local junk/salvage yard. Such a better sound vs the weak typical VW/Honda small compact clown car sounding horn.

While there I bought Chevy Trailblazer & another set of GMC Envoy horns.

Thanks, that's a good idea, I can always change the horn, but that's not the problem I'm having at all. I need to find out why my current horn is not working and figure out where the relay is. Someone pointed me to another forum where apparently a person had the same issue I have, except on a Scion XB and they found out that the relay is actually right under the horn fuse, underneath the fuse box in the engine bay. That's such a ridiculous design, but I'm going to check to see if that's what's going on with my TC today. I'll report back if it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts