Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
06 Scion TC
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 Scion TC MANUAL transmission

I have spent a week looking up all the info to test my DCL. Reworked it so I could understand. Watched tons of YouTube videos and read articles. Finding anything specific to my car is impossible. After all that, apparently DCL's are NOT all the same. Lost another day today researching and I think I figured it out. (Image attached)

So, IF this is correct, I now need to know WHAT to test and how. Ohms, volts, which pin what, etc. Everything I had done was for CAN which apparently isn't my car.

PLEASE!!!!! If you don't want to tell me can you send me to an actual link based on my DCL and Scion protocol????? Google and Youtube 99% of the time don't even take you to the same MAKE of what you are looking for.
IMAGE INCLUDES: What I believe the pinout is based on research, which includes the color of wires to each pin. Also, images of wires and my DCL.
Product Rectangle Font Circuit component Pink

·
Registered
8 Posts
It’s a DLC(data link connector) and yours should be OBD2A compliant. This means that it is the same connector as all other passenger vehicles sold in the US after 2002 I believe. The pins are in the same standard location for all compliant vehicles. Search for “how to safely test an OBD2A DLC” before doing anything, you could fry the computer if you don’t know what you’re doing.

·
Registered
06 Scion TC
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, It's OBDA2 compliant. I figured that out. BUT, there are different pin out types. And there there are different extras. I've DONE the research. Because they are different, I'm trying to get the facts so I don't fry anything. I spent a week figuring learning everything to find out I was looking at vehicles with CAN. I don't have CAN. But both are OBD2.

As for ECU, no, I have not replaced it yet because:

1. As stated in my other post, the age of my car, there are only a couple of companies that I can get them from and it's a 50/50 chance it'll be wrong. Then, the fight to get the right one can be impossible. So, I want to make sure it's the ECU before that.

2. MANY articles and YouTube videos say, "BEFORE getting a new a new ECU (due to scanner fails to register) TEST the DCL as many times THAT is the actual issue and is cheaper and easier. If the ECU is NOT the problem, then I just blew a few hundred bucks for nothing because you can't return it just because you guessed wrong.

3. There are a couple other more probable possibilities from scanner through the electrical system before the ECU that got wet. Once they are checked and fine, I'll fight the hell of getting an ECU! I'd pay a mechanic to diagnose but I already gave all the money I had for diagnosing to 2 mechanics who didn't diagnose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts