Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the result of the new arometrics auto car air freshener. It somehow leaked on to my radio cover. I recieved the paper work from the air freshener company.

I will keep everyone updated. My car isn't even 3 weeks old.

·
Registered
515 Posts
wth is the acidic level of that air freshner? I hope they fix your dash for you, cause air freshner's not supposed to do that do a dash, discolor it a little maybe but disolve it? Sorry to see this happen to such a nice car. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the link to the air fresheners that you shouldn't buy. I bought the vent freshener(third from left) http://www.arometrics.com/

Ok. I need an estimate for damage repairs. Can someone give me an estimate? Or do I need to get the dealer to give me a quote? The whole radio cover and dash cover + installation.
And I need help with the question about how to resolve the problem.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would only get an estimate from the dealer. Here it would be just an estimate from us or a dealer not specific to your area. I think Valvoline would require a dealer estimate...it will not be low..for sure.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Eric@Jun 13 2005, 09:58 PM
Did you post about this elsewhere? If not, you're not alone. I hope everyone stays away from these types of air fresheners... I doubt they'd last w/ the Summers here.
no i haven't posted elsewhere.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thanks for the info I am posting this on our store fronts right now. I hope you don't mind if I direct link to the images. If this is a problem just let me know.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ANY suggestions on what to say in the "resolve the problem" question? I want my car fixed but don't want to sound like an arse. Ideas?

·
Registered
515 Posts
To resolve the problem they reimburse you for the cost of getting your dash and other affected areas replaced. Full reimbersment. Then send them a quote from the dealership with how much it will cost (including labor)

Be polite but be firm, if they don't agree to it make some noise if you start making it look like their product will destroy a persons dash then it will destroy their sales. It's cheaper and easier to just pay you off then to risk media exposure about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HEY guys i just came over from scionlife.com and i had the same exact problem they just mailed me a check for like 650 bucks to fix the dash on my tc. and you know im happy as hell. just like the pic showed in this thread mine spewed out of the nozzle and on the door cover and dash except mine had a deeper burn holes

here a link i posted on there website
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic....6868&highlight=

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Wow... thats horrible. I've heard of the ones with the liquid discoloring people's interior but not melting it. I'm sure there is small disclaimer on the package, but that is just nuts. I'd be very upset. I hope everything gets resolved in a timely fasion for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by HaTeOnThYs05@Jun 15 2005, 05:28 AM
lol, thats sad and funny as hell at the same time.
I still can't seem to find the funny part!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by freeflowing@Jun 14 2005, 05:23 PM
HEY guys i just came over from scionlife.com and i had the same exact problem they just mailed me a check for like 650 bucks to fix the dash on my tc. and you know im happy as hell. just like the pic showed in this thread mine spewed out of the nozzle and on the door cover and dash except mine had a deeper burn holes

here a link i posted on there website
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic....6868&highlight=
Even though yours had deeper burn holes, you were still replacing the radio cover and panel only. Am I correct? If so why was it 400 in labor. I got an over the phone guestimate of almost 300 for parts and labor. Is there something that i am missing? the dash comes out fairly easy. I wouldn't want a check of 300 and it cost me 600. Did they give you a check before or after the dash was fixed?

btw i have an appointment this sat at 8:15 to get the real estimate + the moonroof tsb. I read about a tsb on the the five speed, i have a five speed also but i heard that it was only certain ones

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I took it in Sat. for an estimate and roof tsb. I was there from 8:30 to about 12:30. yippee
They said the rattle (i didn't even know i had one because i always have the radio on) wasn't coming from the tsb fix area. SOO they took out the whole thing and put in some type of foam stuff. Anyways, the estimate is 336.32 with the 1.5 hours of labor. Now i just need to put that estimate in the package and send it back to valvoline. will keep you updated

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.