Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this was already discussed but not very well.
Does anybody have a place where you can get a quality dash mat. i dont want to go to checker and get one because thats where i have went before and it takes for ever to get those to lay flat. So i guess i would be looking for a custom fit 06 TC Dash Mat?

·
Registered
243 Posts
lol i guess i know Wobbit45 aint getting one...but kims getting one for the tc so when he gets it in, i'll check with him and where he is getting it from.
I thought u can get it from anyone but i think ur looking for the factory type fits where is fits perfectly..so yea..i'll see if its all that and get back to ya on it.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Hey, I'm just curious; why do you guys want to install one of these dash mat items? I understand for cars where the dash tends to produce a significant amount of glare that a dash mat is a very good thing to have, but I'm not too clear on the purpose of a dash mat on the tC, whose dash is a matte surface and doesn't produce that much glare.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea, I'm just not sure as to the reason behind it (other than style/subjectivity or personalization, which is in no way a bad reason to do it at all and I can totally respect that).

-Ed

·
Registered
346 Posts
dah mats are only for older cars that look crappy. youd be covering up the sick tc dash. dont do it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Obiously None of you guys live in arizona. The main reason why you get a dash mat is cause after 5 years of the sun pounding on your dash your dash will start to discolor and crack. It would not be so bad if i lived any where else. but i want this car to last.

·
Registered
243 Posts
lol i used to live in AZ so i know what you mean. anyways, i think that the dash mat is great for that purpose, just make sure it doesnt get in the way of air bags. also, when i first checked out the tc, one of my few qualms was that the dash looks ever so slightly cheap (of course i was comparing it to the acura rsx) i often feel that the interior looks not as good as the exterior. i dont want to replace everything with leather (wheel, shift knob and seats) cause the dash will interfere with the upscale look. (also im young and don't have the $$$
)

·
Registered
742 Posts
I like the stock dash just fine but there is enough glare to bother me at times. My main concern is for my competition audio systems I install in my project cars, dash mats can make a huge improvement in imaging and just overall musically much better sounding, in all cases.

I have one but later may upholster the dash in fabric matching my race seats:)

Rick

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
T\Dash mats 99% of the time do not cover airbags. They usually have precut flaps there or there is no mat over the airbag. they have all kiands of ways to get around the airbag problem.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If you want to protect it from the sun either park in the shade or buy one of those shade things and put them on whenever your parked. You dont want to drive with those things on ya know! LOL. At least that is what I'm doing. I had dash mats on my last 2 cars but the cars werent all that nice looking. The tc dash has a more sporty feel and just doesnt look good with a dash mat. Just my opinion though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.