Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please post a step by step on how to do this? I didn't get a manual for the pioneer head unit, and I can't find instructions anywhere! I think I've figured out how to get it to the set mode, but it says "TIME OUT" before I figure out how to change it from "SCION"!!

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out!

-K

·
Registered
793 Posts
OK, here we go....

1) With the main unit swtiched on, turn the key from the ACC position to the off position.

2) On the main unit, press and hold AUDIO CONTROL then turn the key to ACC (while still holding down AUDIO CONTROL). The horizontal line in the LCD display will start flashing.

3) Within 15 seconds, press and hold the MUTE button then turn the key to OFF. (If 15 seconds or more elapse you'll get the "TIME OUT" display....if this happens, just repeat from Step #1).

To Edit the Text (you should see a flashing cursor with "A"):

1) Press the VOL/LEVEL + or - buttons to change the flashing letter.

2) When you get to the letter or character you want to be displayed, press the AUDIO CONTROL button to select it.

3) The cursor will move to the right one space so you can select the next character.

4) Once you select the 12th chracter, the entire line starts flashing. To delete a selected character, press the MUTE button.

5) Once finished selecting the text for the line, press and hold down the AUDIO CONTROL button.

You're done.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

That's been killing me for days, but just because I saw it as a challenge -- and I must have looked crazy as I sat in my parking lot repeatedly turning on and off the power to the car!

Thanks again!!

-K

·
Registered
793 Posts
No problem....

So what did ya' put on it?!? Hehe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts