Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive decided to go ahead and order the parts for my custom short ram intake. The idea was given to me by zoltiz he has already done this modification. Here is the modification on zoltiz's website http://blacktc.com/intake/. All the parts are, is a 03 - 05 Corolla Intake $30 and a new air filter from E Bay, just take the hack saw to it and wala, youve got a custom intake. Ill have pics up next week once it is installed.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Have fun. Pray you don't get any CEL's

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Shroomlad@Dec 6 2005, 03:00 PM
I've done this one. You'll need to cut the bend off the pipe and when you install it will need to be turned around for the map sensor to be right. Have fun with it.
Just wondering if you noticed a difference with sound or performance?

· Registered
105 Posts
not only would this be dangerous to do, it would be dangerous to your warranty because this could cause problems.

but oh well right.. I would assume it just makes it louder with no gain in performance, thats what most dyno's said.. but we will see! tell us!

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by thepda@Dec 7 2005, 06:40 AM
not only would this be dangerous to do, it would be dangerous to your warranty because this could cause problems.

but oh well right.. I would assume it just makes it louder with no gain in performance, thats what most dyno's said.. but we will see! tell us!
Yea I talked to my friend that works in the parts section at the Toyota Dealership he said this will not void my warrenty and if worst comes to worst I still have the box with the air filter sitting in my garage I can just pop that on....

· Registered
105 Posts
oh yeah, I totally forgot you buy the hose.. when I first saw this project, I thought they cut their stock box! im like, ooooh noooo! cuz if that were the case, and you screwed up.. your screwed..

so install and tell us! but from SL, I think the modded boxes loose horsepower.. well, at least the drop in filter ones.. I dunno about this one though. I think it might be still sucking in hot air though..
oh well, good discussion!

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by thepda@Dec 7 2005, 07:35 AM
oh yeah, I totally forgot you buy the hose.. when I first saw this project, I thought they cut their stock box! im like, ooooh noooo! cuz if that were the case, and you screwed up.. your screwed..

so install and tell us! but from SL, I think the modded boxes loose horsepower.. well, at least the drop in filter ones.. I dunno about this one though. I think it might be still sucking in hot air though..
oh well, good discussion!
Yea it may suck in hot air but I will be putting a heat sheild on it shortly after i put it on.

· Registered
507 Posts
in my opinion that really isnt doing as much for the performance of the car as you might think it does. like it has been said before it is still sucking up hot air. and even if you install a heat shield, unless it is made to pull nothing but air from the fenderwell and block off all of the air from the engine its still not going to help. also your still going to have that restrictive stock tubing that the car comes with that also has the side exit tube for the silencer still slowing down the air flow. all your doing really is removing the stock air box allowing a little bit more air to get in the motor quicker but its still hot so it mostly just canceling itself out. dont get me wrong i use to be all for cheap upgrades and i still am for the most part but ive learned that just saving the extra money and buying form the well know reputable companies who have a dyno that they use to test there products is money well spent in the long run. i use to have a home made cold air intake on my truck, but then one day i decided to spend the money for an aem for it and i was actually able to feel the difference in the torque of the truck. and yes i could feel it bc the truck would go up hills alot easier then what it did before.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well im just going to go ahead and do this intake, even though i may not get much more performance out of it, just it will be louder which i was looking for! I am going to be putting on an Injen Cold Air Intake once I get the money for it and after I do my Magna Flow Exhuast

· Registered
28 Posts
06TCDriv3r Posted on Dec 7 2005, 10:16 AM
Just wondering if you noticed a difference with sound or performance? [/b]
Just sound, I didn't expect any performance gains. And I also talked to the dealer, parts people and some guy They just asked if I could still put on the stock airbox and told me its ok this will not void my warranty. I also set up an temp probe at the filter it measured 1-5 degrees above outside temps when moving(stock did the same thing) but let it set idle for 30sec or so it jumped 30 degrees (stock didn't do this) Pics of Zoltiz short ram Zoltiz shortram

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.