Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i saw this and thought to myself.. "hmm looks like a tC intake.. well kind of." Then i saw it said Corolla but hey.. i rather not spend 200+ for a pipe.

here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BZ-98-99-00...15030QQtcZphoto

i can cut the intake into 2 pieces and get another pipe from homedepot to finish it... u guys think it would work?anything im missing? It has the maf air sensor plug right there lol. I wanna see if this works. wish me luck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
instead of doing that
buy this stuff
http://www.powerflowracing.com/3modular.html

You can buy the sections you need and make any design intake you want..stuff is cheap..its like 6-10bucks a section and works great..made out of a compositie material so does not get hot like metal.
I have this stuff on my XRunner and works great..and can change up design anytime..I already made 2 outta this thing and total cost was 100bucks for everything

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just ordered the intake from an 03 corolla today, gonna do the same thing as Zoltiz. I'll let you know how it goes once I finish.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey everyone. Im new here so i figured id put my 2 cents in.

This is my custom cold air intake for my 06 TC. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know that i have a few intakes for sale. I put some up on ebay. Polished tubing, K&N Style filter all couplers and clamps needed to install. Makes a really nice engine note when the throttle is opened up, yet still nice and quiet for daily city driving.

heres a pic of the kit.

if anyone is interested let me know, or you can check them out on ebay.

Thanks a lot,
Chris
[email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased the BOMZ intake....cut the piping, installed it....nothing special....increase in growl is minimal....no power gain (none that I can feel) and plenty of heat soak....I can drive the car for 5 minutes and the piping will be hot......booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Thanks for speaking the truth...I certainly appreciate it!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yes, appreciate the real skinny info, not bench racer dreams, advertising make believe, etc.

Heat soak is a major issue, aluminum piping being a terrible material under the hood of a car. It is great for intercooler piping in major airflow area as can be cooled by ambient air. Inside the engine compartment SS is generally better as it reflects heat better than steel and far better than aluminum.

I like to run all piping as far away from heat sorces as possible and then use insulation on the worst offenders when I can.

Rick

·
Registered
224 Posts
I copied what Zoltiz did with the ebay intake also and I love it...specially when I give it some gas!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.