Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, currently i wanted to make a custome grill, so if everyone here that has taken off the stock grill could help me out by telling me how to take off the stock grill, thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
The bottom part of the grill is little plastic tabs, one or two of which will be melted onto the bumper and you'll need to knife it a bit to get it loose.

I totally recommend taking the front bumper off. It's extremely easy to do. I'd go as far to say that it would be easier for you to take off the bumper and then take off the grille than it would to just take the grille off with the bumper still attached to the car.

For the bumper, all you need is a phillips screw driver (one nice long one and a short stubby) and a ratchet or wrench (I don't remember the size...10mm?).

Once you get the 4 under-hood poppers/2 bolts off, the screw in each wheel well, and the 4 under-body screws...the thing just pops right off. Putting it back on is a bit trickier since you need to line the plastical underside into each of the screw-brackets, but its pretty self explanatory. It's not like you're in any danger. The thing only weights like 10lbs.

Just be sure to put towels down so if you drop it, you won't scratch it to hell and gone.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ok, I have a grill modification idea...its small but I think it would look alright. You can see what I'm talking about in my signature below.

Has anyone taken their original stock grill off and doesn't want it anymore? I need one of the originals to fill in the gap for the Scion emblem. I asked toyota how much the top grill was without the emblem (Like on the Red 2.0 Series tC) and they said they'd order it for $1,300.

So, anything you guys can do to help would be appreciated. Heck, I could probibly mail you a couple bucks after you mail it to me.

Andre'

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took off my grill without having to take off the bumper. It just takes lots of determination and time. My fingers felt like they were going to fall off trying to fit around the small groove and clips but i survived, with all 9 fingers! I did it with those short itty bitty screw drivers, the ones that are like the size of your thumb (phillips and flathead). I did take the top one off first, then used that big hole to open the bottom one. You then should put the bottom one in first. Use your flathead to pry the grill off your bumper. Took me a while but it was my first time. Happy prying!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Originally posted by flipnautika@Mar 6 2006, 03:56 AM
that looks easy but id be scared to take it off then put it back...what if the bumper falls off while driving? LOL
Just make sure everything goes back where it came from. You don't need to worry about the bumper falling off...unless of course you have some screws left over.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been looking for a black grill too, let me know if anyone of yall know where to get one

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.