Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just had a quick question about exhuast. I stopped by a local muffler shop today and was talking to them about getting a custom exhuast done. They quoted me for about 190...now thats including 2.5 inch piping going back from the cat, and including either a flowmaster or magnaflow muffler. My question is....would it be wiser to go with them or a premanufactured exhaust system such as Creative Compacts or other similar to it. Any thoughts, suggestions, or dirty jokes?

Thanks...

·
Registered
77 Posts
damn that seems like a good price. Im not sure about the quality. see if they can show any previous cars theyve done and ask around.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually heard about that shop from a friend of mine who had his S4's exhaust done there....the only minor problem is that they use crush bends, and not mandrel. But ohh well...gotta sacrifice somewhere....as for quality, they're ok. But my main question still stands; am i going to see better HP gains (if any at all) from the prefabricated stuff or this custom dealy?

·
Registered
126 Posts
the only difference in performance will be because of the crush bends... mandrel are sooooo omuch bvetter for your car. i am assuming the premanufactered will have mandrel bends...
still pretty cheap though...

is 2and a half too big??
a car still needs some backpressure

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I had mine custom built on my other tc from a local muffler shop thats really friendly and really good with exhausts and they did it for around that completely custom from cat to back, I would say go for it if you want to and go with the magnaflow muffler you woulnd't be sorry

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Most shops are real good. For my old classic truck i had headers on the motor and had some mufflers I wanted to use. THe shop built me full dual 2 1/2" setup all the way back with hangers and everything. They did a wonderful job for right at $350, so i think that sounds like a fair price.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
I have a cusom bent Cat back exhaust with no resonator and i think it sounds better the the TRD muffler by alot. and i only paid $117 for it so i say do it.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Back pressure? What a bunch of crap. No such animal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.