Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took about 3 months. This is essentially a computer that does music and gps navigation. The computer and amp are under the seats and the monitor was custom fabricated by me. Tell me what you guys think. Oh, alpman, if you are reading this, I need help getting my speakers to sound better. They are lacking a lot of low frequency tones.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Very nice. Good work. Are you having any problems with glare from the screen?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looks awesome. I've been playing with the idea of a carputer myself. So let's get the details here. What hardware did you use? Is it a stripped down laptop or ATX? What OS and or software are you running? where'd you get the monitor? and first and foremost, how much did it cost?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Originally posted by aznxthuggie@Mar 24 2005, 01:51 PM
wow nice!, for car computers, has anyone lookat at mp3car.com? they sell 1 din pc's, seems pretty cool, but.. i mean its a computer, startup and shutdown times suck lol
That's why you use hibernate mode...and set it to shut down 3 - 5min after the car is turned off..... It would suck to have to wait for it to come back on again when all you did was get gas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.